Help with buying a leon 1.4tsi fr

cbrewer28

Feb 16, 2009
poole, dorset
He guys would appreciate some help. I'm looking at buying a 63plate leon 1.4tsi fr soon and just wondered what to look out for?

How's everyone whos got one finding them?

Many thanks Chris

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I think they were still selling the Leons without tech pack in 2013, so I'd make sure it has it if you want any decent resale value.

fastnfat

Dec 4, 2010
Birmingham
I had a 2013 on 63 plate 1.4tsi SC and thought it was a great car. As said ensure it as the tech pack at least. Convenience pack, interior led's also nice to have. Only problems I had was driver side mirror stopped unfolding and a cracked high level brake light, all fixed in the warranty. The '63 I had was fitted with the 140 engine but sometime in 2014 it was changed for the 150 ACT version. Nowt wrong with the 140 though.
Any rattles in the doors should have been fixed under warranty. I didn't suffer with any issues like that but during a service extra sound deadening was installed in the doors which had the effect of making some of the road noise go away.

Last edited:

cbrewer28

Feb 16, 2009
poole, dorset
Thanks for the replies good to know all the points you have made. Looking forward to buying one. Would it be best to get a 2014 one?

Raymondo111

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks for the replies good to know all the points you have made. Looking forward to buying one. Would it be best to get a 2014 one?

Not sure if you would be interested but I will be selling my March 2015 Leon FR 150 ACT in the next month or so, car is a 5door hatchback in Monsoon Grey with 18inch Performance Alloys, Convenience Pack and a space saver spare. Car has the Tech pack fitted and has a full Seat service history with 4K approx miles on the clock, the car is also covered by a 3 year service plan which apparently is transferable. The only reason I am selling is due to the fact that I need a car that sits higher as I have knackered knees and back problems, my new car (VW Tiguan) is due to be built next week so once I get an update when it's likely to arrive I can give you a better idea of when the car is available.

If you are interested PM me and I will try and get some decent photos taken on Sunday when the weather is meant to improve, price will be around the £13K mark as this is what I was quoted by Evans Hallshaw etc as a straight sale.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.