5dr cupra - drivers door wind noise

Jan 29, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Picked up my Cupra 290 a few weeks ago now, and one thing thats really bugging me.
When travelling at speed theres noticeable wind noise that seems to come from the top corner of the drivers door - IE right next to my ear.

I noticed it within an hour of collecting the car as one of those things i was going to try and ignore, but having done 600 motorway miles this weekend im not sure i can carry on ignoring it.

Im guessing this isnt normal on a modern refined car.

Ive had a look at the seals and they all seem present and correct, so is there anything else i can check/look at to potentially avoid a trip to the dealers?

BigARG

Mar 24, 2015
Essex
I have noticed that with having the wing mirrors on the door does generate more wind noise when the window is open than what I was used to in my Civic. But if you say yours is up near your ear, then I would say that it must be the door seal. Have you checked to make sure the seal hasn't got a split in it?

Last edited:

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
It could be the door slightly out of alignment too.

Very likely. Just needs the top hinge plate moving slightly inwards. Should't affect the panel gaps and alignment on the door skins but just enough to effect a proper seal at the top edge of window frame.

Unless the window glass appears to be binding near the top of its travel in which case the window frame might need a slight tweak.

Either way should be an easy fix under warranty by a competent, cooperative SEAT dealer. Your only problem will be finding one because most of them are more Jim Henson's Workshop rather than SEAT Approved Workshop. :)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise