Bargain Cupra 290 or wait for 300?

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Hey folks,

I had my FR184 DSG in the dealer for yet more warranty repairs! It's the 4th time it's been in the dealer! The car is a 2014 model and has just passed 24k miles.

I was wandering about the sales area and the guy pointed out a lovely 3 door white 290 cupra with DSG, Seat Sound and other extras. Lovely car and it was an ex demo but only had 90 miles on the clock.

After a bit of talking he offered me a very tempting offer of 19k with favourable trade in on my FR.

I'm aware that the revised 300 will be with us next spring and I've always toyed with the idea of the Cupra so I'm a bit torn! Will the 300 make the 290 look obsolete?

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
19K! Take it! I just paid that for a brand new Leon FR in the current shape.

strell

Nov 30, 2016
Yeah jump on that for £19k.
i just received my lease car brand new with 107 miles on the clock. So 90 miles is even better!

andycupra

status subject to change
is it a bargain... really...?
do you actually need it. if your car that bad?
figure in the real cost of another car, the depreciation etc then figure out if that new car feeling is value or not.

sometimes a bargain is a bargain if its the right time and circumstances, other wise its a case of convincing yourself you have saved £1,000 by spending £4,000

So 19k to pay including the trade-in?
If so you can do better
if that were true i'd be calling the rozzers in.

Last edited:

nicknameless

Aug 1, 2016
Where's the hidden cost? Do you own the FR outright? What's the trade in?

Or is 19k the sticker price and you are financing and swapping a PCP'd car? If so what are you actually paying for the Cupra as 19k is just on the sticker?

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I really want to know if a 290 was actually sold for 19k. I'll be a little annoyed as that's 1k cheaper than my 1.4 FR (mind you I got some features).

But it is good to know that it can be done.

toplad

Jan 25, 2015
I really want to know if a 290 was actually sold for 19k. I'll be a little annoyed as that's 1k cheaper than my 1.4 FR (mind you I got some features).

But it is good to know that it can be done.

it wouldn't of been 19k cash...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise