Build week for new Cupra 290's

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
Thanks Smiddy.

Yeah I agree its terrible service but as I said before if you actually walked into the dealer and bought/leased the car I'm sure the salesman would sort you out a set. Maybe the dealers had a bunch in their storerooms that quickly ran out when the Cupra lease deals began :rofl:

I've sent that link to my broker at fleetprices, I'll see what he thinks. I'm 99% certain it was the same for the hatchback on their site but can't check it now as it's discontinued.

Last edited:

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Definitely agree.
Spoke to dealer today and they have confirmed that side skirts are going to be fitted by Seat due to colour change issue. Better come with mats after all that. Says they may receive this week. 8 were delivered today but not mine.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Just got back from signing the paperwork for mine, took a look and its looking SWEET!

STUPIDLY i forgot to check for mats, though I have bought some rubber ones which should be there for collection wednesday, ill let you know if the normal ones are there when i pick it up.

....and i STUPIDLY (again) I forgot to look for the ACC sensor on the front.............the paperwork doesn't mention any factory or dealer fitted extras/options either so I really hope its there! :)

Its worth the wait guys/gals.

Just FYI the mileage charge is 6.98p per mile (not incl VAT)......my initial quote stated 7.2p per mile (not incl VAT) so thats something of a plus point (though unlikely to make a difference as i expect to not go over the 8k per year anyways).

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Picking mine up (or rather for the wife, in my name!) from Seat Warrington on Sunday.
Phil @ Seat Warrington thinks there are mats in mine, but said when i queried the 'matgate' situation;

Mats ARE standard fit, but at the moment some Cupras are coming through without them. We have had a few cars go out without them, with SEAT saying they will send them out later by post to customers.

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
They might have been standard fit at some point but they defintely seem to have changed tack. Someone even checked the chassis number for me and confirmed the build codes do show it without mats which surprised them. The new leon accessory price list has them as an accessory too https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/leon-accessories.pdf

I'd be more annoyed if i wasn't loving the car so much :D here is a pic after the first wash

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
If mine shows up without mats, my lease company will be getting an absolute earful. 2 months late and no mats. Better warm my angry phone voice up.

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Wessex order here. B/W 47.

Car in stock, available delivery from the 19th.

I had to prompt them for an update and they asked me to book delivery. Might be worth a shout for any other Wessex customers.

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
They might have been standard fit at some point but they defintely seem to have changed tack. Someone even checked the chassis number for me and confirmed the build codes do show it without mats which surprised them. The new leon accessory price list has them as an accessory too https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/leon-accessories.pdf

I'd be more annoyed if i wasn't loving the car so much :D here is a pic after the first wash

Looks good Bill :)

I cant wait for tomorrow :) it cant come quick enough :D feel like a kid at xmas

The lack of mats doesnt bother me too much, its just disappointing that their top of the line Leon, a £33k car doesnt come with them as standard and its not that clear when you are ordering it even through the configurator on their website.

I guess if you ordered through a dealer they might mention it or even throw some in

Jedi123321

Nov 3, 2016
Wessex order here. B/W 47.

Car in stock, available delivery from the 19th.

I had to prompt them for an update and they asked me to book delivery. Might be worth a shout for any other Wessex customers.

Cheers Jonno - I will give Wessex a chase today! I was also B/W 47.

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
FYI just got off the phone with the dealer and he confirmed there was the fabric cupra mats with the car, picking it up tomorrow.

Mine is on 2 yr PCH, from a Seat dealer.

Last edited:

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Mrvanx did you order the ACC as an option then.

And the mileage charge was 6.0p plus vat ie 7.2p then went up to 6.98p plus vat.

Annoying but life's too short to argue over such a small amount

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Mrvanx did you order the ACC as an option then.

And the mileage charge was 6.0p plus vat ie 7.2p then went up to 6.98p plus vat.

Annoying but life's too short to argue over such a small amount

Yes I ordered ACC as an option, the dealer rang last night to confirm it was fitted.

The quote stated "7.2p per mile plus vat" .... not including, weird i know. The finance docs then stated 6.98 plus vat which seems to be in-line with what i've read earlier in this thread.

Pikcing it up in a couple of hours, woohoo! :3rd:

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Yes I ordered ACC as an option, the dealer rang last night to confirm it was fitted.

The quote stated "7.2p per mile plus vat" .... not including, weird i know. The finance docs then stated 6.98 plus vat which seems to be in-line with what i've read earlier in this thread.

Pikcing it up in a couple of hours, woohoo! :3rd:

When did you receive your finance papers? I received mine yesterday and posted them back the same day with next day delivery, and I could really do with having the car by the 23rd at the latest

ganticus

May 5, 2014
Finally the long wait is over. Ordered 10th August, arrived on trailer today 14th December. Bought not leased. Cupra mats included!