help needed mk1 leon pd150

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
HI all
no been on for a while :hole:

for a approx. a year now ive been living with intermittent central locking issues
the passenger door does not always open and you have to f**k about locking and unlocking before it eventually unlocks

and another issue is the drivers door does not recognise its open as the light doesn't come on and relocks within the 30 seconds or so

at first I thought im not spending over £130 odd to have my light come on when I open the car however I think the drivers door also activates pre glow plugs and fuel prime as I also have a starting issue which takes ages cranking over

however I have scanned with vagcom again and the only fault is the passenger door no mention of drivers

I will post the scan results up with fault code later

has anyone bought the ebay specials on door lock modules vary around the 20 quid mark any feedback on them

cheers
Andrew

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I think most of us are using the ebay specials. It sounds like your drivers door is a replacement lock and the 8 pin connector isn't pushed fully home or the clip has broken and the connector has slipped down. The door will lock and unlock but won't activate the lights and doesn't know when it's open and shut.
I had this on both my front doors, I spent an hour pulling all the butyl off the resealed panel on the drivers side, pushed the 8 pin connector fully home and super glued it in place and everthing works as it should. I need to do the passenger side as well one of these days.

This was the one I bought:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON...LOCK-MECHANISM-1999-2006-8-PIN-/151362765504?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
thanks for the info , I have bought a pair of front modules been as they are cheap and by the time the door is stripped down saves hanging around before parts arrive etc if it turned out not to be just plugging them back in

at this point I can reseal the drivers leaky door again

im hoping this will also resolve my starting issues with the drivers door recognising its opening again - but I doubt it :(

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I've just replaced my rear offside module with one from the 'Bay and it was an excellent fit and works perfectly - would recommend these (and I'm normally fussy about cheaply parts like these)

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
great news just hope ive chosen a tidy seller lol

just ordered a load of other things too new hids new diesel hose pipes fuel filter and new valve

going to refit the std airbox and remove the carbonio

going to attempt to get this car back to running tidy

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.