BigNod00's Mk2 Cupra K1 * The ASBO *

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Major update so please forgive me........

The ASBO is set up excellently for track use and does enjoy a spirited fast road session occasionally but being FWD she's always struggled to put the power down at slow speeds in the real world. I finally had enough and decided to take the AWD plunge.

The AWD bits were sourced from an S3 being broken at a perfect time for me.

First the interior was stripped to access the floorpan.

Then the scary part..........

All welded up........

New supports added for the Propshaft......

The original rear subframe was looking a little worse for wear so was replaced by a much newer one before adding all the Haldex goodies.

I wanted the new AWD box to be bulletproof so it was fully stripped and rebuilt adding strengthening mods such as stronger shift forks and the input shaft mod. As I previously had a Quaiffe LSD I wanted to keep one in this new box, this time I chose the Peloquins High Torque option.

Unfortunately I needed to change my almost new BCS exhaust for ANOTHER new BCS exhaust but this one being the AWD version. Some custom modifications were of course needed and this one is super loud!!!!

There were of course other bits that needed changing to the AWD versions along the way too like the ARB's.......

The rear brakes too but just because they were destroyed..........

Custom Haldex wiring loom made up.......

Everything fitted and ready to go.........

There were so many other bits that needed changing along the way too that I cannot be bothered to list but safe to say it's all sorted!

It's just so epic having traction now, 420bhp with no spin is intoxicating.

All work carried out by AKS Tuning in Bedford so big thanks to Alex and Chris.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Awesome update Matthew, I would love to do this to my Cupra R.
I seen your car in bits at AKS when I was down there at the end of July. I thought I recognised your car and asked Alex if it was yours and he told me not to say anything. He was waiting on a new fuel line when I was down there. The quality of the work is amazing.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Couldn't of done it better myself mate. If I still had mine, this would of been done to it.

Well done for sticking with it and progressing.

Bigger turbo time now bud!!!!

SkyNet

Jun 27, 2015
Great mod congrats! Is this Gen2 or Gen4 Haldex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Awesome update Matthew, I would love to do this to my Cupra R.
I seen your car in bits at AKS when I was down there at the end of July. I thought I recognised your car and asked Alex if it was yours and he told me not to say anything. He was waiting on a new fuel line when I was down there. The quality of the work is amazing.

Cheers buddy, much appreciated. :) Yeah, there were a few hold up during the build but that's expected on an 8 year old car. ;)

Couldn't of done it better myself mate. If I still had mine, this would of been done to it.

Well done for sticking with it and progressing.

Bigger turbo time now bud!!!!

Cheers boyo, she's still a naughty little minx that loves a good thrashing! :lol:

More power is 100% happening over winter.........

Great mod congrats! Is this Gen2 or Gen4 Haldex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gen2 buddy but don't worry, the Haldex Race controller will soon be sorting out its limited abilities! :lol:

Stunning mate, must be very fun to drive!

Cheers dude, yeah she's fun.......gotten get used to it again now tho and learn new ways to drive it!:funk:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
As I've already said to you mate she must be epic now.Was a beast before so can only be better.

Even if the added weight has slowed her a tad the extra corner speed/overall grip will make it a faster car [B)]

Can't wait to be crawling up the passenger seat lol:p

Dorny

Feb 23, 2015
It did look awesome when I saw it in the garage when I popped up to AKS. Now that your AWD you planning to go big turbo or TTE480 to take advantage of that added grip :D

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
As I've already said to you mate she must be epic now.Was a beast before so can only be better.

Even if the added weight has slowed her a tad the extra corner speed/overall grip will make it a faster car [B)]

Can't wait to be crawling up the passenger seat lol:p

Sorry dude, not been on here for months!:blink:

She's perfect now she's back from mapping at R Tech, it's made the car exactly what I wanted for ages.

It did look awesome when I saw it in the garage when I popped up to AKS. Now that your AWD you planning to go big turbo or TTE480 to take advantage of that added grip :D

Cheers buddy, still not 100% on my future plans yet.........just want to enjoy her for a bit.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Latest dyno printout of the tune R Tech have done for me.

They've not gone "balls out" as they know I batter the car on track so made a map that will allow me to do so without worrying.

:drive1:

20161216_193334_zpsptbge9dc.jpg

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Saw this on FB the other day. That power delivery coupled with 4wd must be awesome on track, especially out of the tighter twisties.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.