Bluetooth issue

pmbrady

Dec 21, 2016
I bought a 13 plate Leon last week and I have a slightly annoying issue with Bluetooth.

When I get in my car Bluetooth connects automatically, I am able to make calls and my music plays automatically. However, I am unable to skip using the steering wheel buttons and the song artist/title is not displayed on the screen.

If I turn my Bluetooth off on my phone and reconnect using my phone everything works.

How do I get it to fully connect automatically?

Thanks

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I bought a 13 plate Leon last week and I have a slightly annoying issue with Bluetooth.

When I get in my car Bluetooth connects automatically, I am able to make calls and my music plays automatically. However, I am unable to skip using the steering wheel buttons and the song artist/title is not displayed on the screen.

If I turn my Bluetooth off on my phone and reconnect using my phone everything works.

How do I get it to fully connect automatically?

Thanks

Check the settings in your phone - some have a box to tick for automatic connection for each separate Bluetooth profile.

Sometimes this box only shows during the first pairing of the phone so you might have to cancel the pairing and then re-do it.

pmbrady

Dec 21, 2016
I tried this but it still doesnt work. All profiles are enabled from car and phone

fastnfat

Dec 4, 2010
Birmingham
Don't think you can operate your phone via Bluetooth/steering wheel controls. You would need the appropriate MDI lead plugged into the unit in the glove box to do that

pmbrady

Dec 21, 2016
Don't think you can operate your phone via Bluetooth/steering wheel controls. You would need the appropriate MDI lead plugged into the unit in the glove box to do that

I can do it if i select the cars BT from my phone rather than auto connecting

Robschach

Feb 5, 2017
Have you ever had a problem where the phone connects no problem and the calls work OK but the bluetooth media function won't auto connect and you have to manually do it via the phone? I thought it was a phone issue but I tried a second phone and the same thing happens.

pmbrady

Dec 21, 2016
Mine fixed itself when I updated my phone

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Robschach

Feb 5, 2017
Thanks. My phone is always up to date but I'm actually changing my phone this week so I'll hope for the best. I am struggling to find out if my car is up to date.

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
Samsung galaxy note 5. Getting an s7 Edge this week.

If you have 7.0 or higher on you Phone, thats the reason, Google has ****ed Bluetooth up on 7.0 7,1 and 7,1,1. No matter what do, you cant fix it. There tons of post all around on that error.

Robschach

Feb 5, 2017
I've 6.0.1 but the new phone will no doubt have 7.1.1

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.