Air pressure through heater.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I feel that my MK2 fed more air through the heater than the new one, 15 plate 4k on the clock, pollen filter can't be blocked? can it, or it it just poor airflow.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Nobody eh, well checked the pollen filter today and it looks fine, tried the fan speeds today without the engine running and audio off so I could hear the fan, there was an increase in sound and flow as I turned the dial until I got to the last two positions and nothing seemed to happen when I turned the dial the last two clicks, can someone check for me, I'm going to the dealer after the new year to have a tail light checked for water ingress so it would handy to have a bit of background info to hand. Ta.

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Mines same sounds like it only kicks in on the last 2/3 lights.
Although if you press the face only button then it kicks in more powerfully

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Think you've been spoilt rotten by your S. My Leon is definitely lower pressure through the middle two vents in the dash

Kooper

Oct 25, 2016
Have you tried the setup menu on air conditioning and changing the flow to strong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_FR

Aug 29, 2016
I had weak flow and found the plastic housing for the fan behind the glovebox was cracked. So the blown air pressure was escaping through the crack. Fixed it up with superglue and it made a noticeable improvement.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Have you tried the setup menu on air conditioning and changing the flow to strong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that was done from the beginning although I hadn't realised the implications at the time.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
I think the airflow in my Leon is pretty much spot on, especially compared to other cars I've owned. It's demisted very quickly these past few very cold mornings and gets the cabin warm very fast. Mine is set to medium in the setup menu.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.