DPF Solution in Scotland

dMack14

Nov 26, 2016
West Lothian, Scotland
Hi,

As post name suggests, does anyone have any previous experience of anywhere in Scotland that could complete a DPF delete and map? Emailed Ecotune but nobody in there until January again for a response. SOS in Falkirk quoted £500 for DPF gutting, EGR blank and stage 1 map but they reckon they can easily see 215bhp on an otherwise PD170. :shrug:

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Just so your aware this is now an M.O.T failure, so if your gonna do it don't destroy your dpf as apparently there bringing a soot test out so it's not just a visual inspection .

dMack14

Nov 26, 2016
West Lothian, Scotland
It's been an MOT failure for a while. Diesels have always been a soot test though. My last car had a precat and main cat removal and never had any issues!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
It's been an MOT failure for a while. Diesels have always been a soot test though. My last car had a precat and main cat removal and never had any issues!

So atleast you know , and your aware of the consaquences if you get caught

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Just so your aware this is now an M.O.T failure, so if your gonna do it don't destroy your dpf as apparently there bringing a soot test out so it's not just a visual inspection .

Thats not strictly true, well not actually true at all, at the moment if it passes the emissions test, even if it has say the original dpf in place but gutted, the mot tester Has to pass it. can't be failed on an mot testers suspicion that it might be empty inside - the rules layed down by the ministry don't give him that latitude - , he has to pass or fail that part of the test on what the emissions readings tell him

As you rightly say though, they are planning to make a soot test part of the mot at some point in the future, which will put an end to that loophole

dMack14

Nov 26, 2016
West Lothian, Scotland
Yeah, i'm completely aware of the risks involved, but i'm also very aware of the £1000+ risk for a DPF if it goes wrong, plenty of people have boxes gutted and still pass MOT's no problem so it's a risk i'm willing to take.
It's a disaster waiting to happen on the PD170 and i'm sick of having to intentionally go out of my way once every week or so to take it a motorway blast when i've just finished a shift in work.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Best thing I've done on mine is have the DPF gutted and software mapped out.

The PD170 were never designed to have a DPF in the first place, not that it makes it legal to have it gutted.

If its not an issue buy a 2nd hand DPF in case you ever need to re-fit it.

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
Just to let you know, a chap from terraclean told me that from May next year they're going to start actually testing the DPF as part of the MOT and if it fails then it also fails the MOT. I also hear they're putting something in place to stop some garages putting it through using a car that does have a DPF. A quick Google suggested this was the true!
(I had mine done a few years ago now and it definitely was the best thing to do!!)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
Just to let you know, a chap from terraclean told me that from May next year they're going to start actually testing the DPF as part of the MOT and if it fails then it also fails the MOT. I also hear they're putting something in place to stop some garages putting it through using a car that does have a DPF. A quick Google suggested this was the true!
(I had mine done a few years ago now and it definitely was the best thing to do!!)

Woops, my phone didn't load everyone's reply!! I'm going away now!!

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Yeah, i'm completely aware of the risks involved, but i'm also very aware of the £1000+ risk for a DPF if it goes wrong, plenty of people have boxes gutted and still pass MOT's no problem so it's a risk i'm willing to take.
It's a disaster waiting to happen on the PD170 and i'm sick of having to intentionally go out of my way once every week or so to take it a motorway blast when i've just finished a shift in work.

Have you considered Dpf removal rather than gutting it, so you can strap it back for the m.o.t,or atleast if it fails the m.o.t you can atleast refit it for the retest.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Just to let you know, a chap from terraclean told me that from May next year they're going to start actually testing the DPF as part of the MOT and if it fails then it also fails the MOT.

Yep if I was selling umbrellas, I'd tell people it was definitely going to rain soon too :D :D

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.