Seat Sound Retrofit - Someone on Spanish forum has done it!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
there is no way just code sound system with long code! this should be done by vag can pro as you need to change PR on this unit and possibly map unlock possible to. when this is done all speaker sounds completely different.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
i spoke about it with mqb-coding.de this guys done lots of retrofit in EU here is copy what he has send me

only coding won't enable the "new" pins on quadlock and not activate the Subwoofer and EQ., you have to reparameterize the unit with VCP too.

Kooper

Oct 25, 2016
i spoke about it with mqb-coding.de this guys done lots of retrofit in EU here is copy what he has send me

only coding won't enable the "new" pins on quadlock and not activate the Subwoofer and EQ., you have to reparameterize the unit with VCP too.

KoNG have you successfully managed the retrofit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

Maybe on certain European models, but in most cases you are just re-purposing pins that are all ready active
Then you add in the sub volume menu to the infotainment screen

Looking forward to allbutt55 pictures and what he did :)

Kooper

Oct 25, 2016
This may seem like a silly question, is it possible to retro fit the seat sound speakers all around the car, is it a matter of just swap out and plug in!

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
This may seem like a silly question, is it possible to retro fit the seat sound speakers all around the car, is it a matter of just swap out and plug in!

Adding the sub and the dash speaker is worth it, as relatively easy and not much cost, but if your going much beyond that your probably better of spending your money on decent aftermarket speakers rather than fitting the seat sound speakers

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
This is what I did with my FR,

I will add all the part numbers later when I am back at work,

Taking the front grille out of the dash is easy just clipped in so just use trim tool and remove, you will see a pre marked part you can pull out which will give you the space needed for new speaker,

Next I wanted to use my old 18" space saver wheel from my mk2 hence that is fitted with new sub,

You can use the foam tool kit holder which you will need to buy the correct one from seat or if you are using a 18" wheel you don't need anything apart from the longer screw in the middle again will post part number later

Next quite simple you need to run some good speak cable from the sub up the left hand side of the car into the glove box, you can do right by taking the trims out which don't take long but the only thing I would say is the trim that sits next to the carpet in the passenger door is a bitch to refit!

This trim is very easy to remove and refit

Remove this trim to feed the cables into the space behind the glove box

You will need the removal tools to just the nav unit out which you can buy pretty much anywhere

So with your wires run from the back to the front you now need to run two speaker wires to the front speaker, I did use a rod wire tool to feed the cable to the centre again very easy job to do,

Now this is where it maybe different from car to car, the quad connector on the back of the nav unit on mine already had the extra wires in??? ( I was following the Spanish guide )
So I decided to take the pins out and see what stopped working, the sub pins on mine (which has high nav) went the front door speakers? and the centre speaker pins went to the front tweeters in the a pillar trims?
So I left it at this point and wanted to find a wiring diagram before I connected anything, I cant find the print out that I was given but the wires went to the same place?
so knowing this I connected the sub and front speaker by soldering them the wires just as they come out of the quad connector

its up to you how to connect the wires there but did solder mine as I wanted it right,

Turned radio on and all worked fine and sounds great, yeah don't get me wrong its not going to sound the same as some one with two 12" subs in the boot but for a standard fit speaker system it does sound pretty good to me, if anyone lives in the Hereford area you are welcome to come and hear mine before you fit yours just let me know,

as I have said I have not yet been able to code the seat sound option into my car as I don't know which bit or byte to code I have sent a channel map to ross tech and they are getting round to sorting it, I do remember there was an option to code it in my mk2 leon so hope they will be able to sort so I get the sub level option on the dash :)

Hope this helps if you want to ask me anything then carry on!

Reactions: Cagwell

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
the right codding is unit 5F change byte 4 to FF my one is now D7

hopefully this work without coding with VCP

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Goood news everyone!!!!
Coding for sound system work... Just have done on my car without installed speaker and after coding is changed getting error about speaker as i expect :rofl:

Ill go order parts in couple days and lets have it done :clap:

0517 - Loudspeaker Channel 2
B13A1 01 [008] - Electrical Failure
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 81
Mileage: 87664 km
Date: 2017.01.03
Time: 05:54:28

0522 - Loudspeaker Channel 3
B13A2 01 [008] - Electrical Failure
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 81
Mileage: 87664 km
Date: 2017.01.03
Time: 05:54:28

Just for complete information my unit is
Control Module Part Number: 5F0 035 858 HW: 5F0 035 858
Component and/or Version: MU-S-ND-ER 039 0151

so no any VCP needed

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Parts what i will be ordering and price for them
4E0971942* £2.03
1J0971972 £2.03
000979131EA £3.65
N90698803 *x2 £0.61
N10666302 *x2 £0.92
5F0012109B £36.37 don't order polyester toolbox - ive got spare wheel
5F0035382 £87.58
5F0035397 £12.12
5F0853713A ? badge sound system
5F0853714A ? badge sound system
Total £145.31

Last edited:
Reactions: Hassen27

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Can u tell if its worth retrofit it?can take some photo of additional options on screen after coding?

VAG Familia

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Parts ordered total paid £109
Just need to find out replacement for this parts
5F0853713A ? badge sound system
5F0853714A ? badge sound system
as he couldn't find them in system, so have a look for it in etka

Can say retrofit is definitely worth do that as you dont pay to much if you handy person. Sound should be much more better

Sorry forgot to take photo after coding. Ill do this tomorrow

Last edited:

Kooper

Oct 25, 2016
Parts ordered total paid £109
Just need to find out replacement for this parts
5F0853713A?badge sound system
5F0853714A?badge sound system
as he couldn't find them in system, so have a look for it in etka

Can say retrofit is definitely worth do that as you dont pay to much if you handy person. Sound should be much more better

Sorry forgot to take photo after coding. Ill do this tomorrow

Where did you order the parts from?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
@kooper everything been ordered from W.J. King Bromley branch more than friendly staff over there.

@who.am. I Have tried again coding without installed speakers and no any sub-woofer menu showing up but i think the unit actually checking connection so will see after doing retrofit

Otherwise the Sound system badge correct number
5F0853713A FOD
5F0853714A FOD

Last edited:

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Interesting thing.unit checks if sub and center are connected.
Im thinking for doing same upgrade.im just not big fan of taking apart "new" car :)

VAG Familia

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.