MK2 CUPRA/R differences...

iamneallyons

Dec 29, 2016
I know its been asked a million times - i have searched and had a little read through but for confirmation..

are the only differences between the mk2 cupra 240 and 265 r leather seats and 19" alloy wheels???

no suspension differences or brake differences?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I thought the Cupra R came with the spoiler extension and better suspension over the Cupra.

Or that could just be the MK1s.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Little black plastic extension guard thing on the rear wheel arches , as the wheels protrude from the body work
Cupra R engine cover powered by WTCC ( or summit like that )

R badge on clocks .

Iv had to cupra owners drive mine and say it felt different, in a good way

Just saying

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
And dont forget the most important thing the R has over the standard Cupra.........???

It doesnt look like a 1.4 90bhp family hatchback!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Not really only gotta look at the brakes. Big give away. Plus other stuff anyone that mistakes one for a 1.4 is abit clueless.

Added to my ignore list so i dont have to read more dumb posts from you ;)

Last edited:

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
Obviously the 1.4 comment was a joke but you get my point, they dont look like a 240bhp hot hatch.

I dont really care either way lol..... lighten up

Last edited:

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
Not really only gotta look at the brakes. Big give away. Plus other stuff anyone that mistakes one for a 1.4 is abit clueless.

Added to my ignore list so i dont have to read more dumb posts from you ;)

Cupra owner here, it's true, there's very little to distinguish the Cupra from a standard 1.4 at first glance. I like that though, a bland looking shopping hatchback with over 300bhp (in mine anyway) is great fun and very few people expect it to be capable of the performance it has.

I'm fully away of the differences but to about 99% of drivers you'll meet on the road, the Cupra is just another basic hatchback to look at. I never really noticed the differences until I had owned it a few months.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Cupra owner here, it's true, there's very little to distinguish the Cupra from a standard 1.4 at first glance. I like that though, a bland looking shopping hatchback with over 300bhp (in mine anyway) is great fun and very few people expect it to be capable of the performance it has.

I'm fully away of the differences but to about 99% of drivers you'll meet on the road, the Cupra is just another basic hatchback to look at. I never really noticed the differences until I had owned it a few months.

To be fair no one would look at the cupra brakes and think it was anything special,there terrible .
Standard cupra could be mistaken for a FR, there nothing special to look at, probably why most seem to retro fit the rear R diffuser and exhaust, along with the spoiler

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
To be fair no one would look at the cupra brakes and think it was anything special,there terrible .
Standard cupra could be mistaken for a FR, there nothing special to look at, probably why most seem to retro fit the rear R diffuser and exhaust, along with the spoiler

I find the brakes on mine to be fantastic. I could out-brake my 3.2 TT with the same front brakes and they are far superior to the Brembos I had on my Evo. Each to their own though.

I've removed the Cupra badge from the boot and I run FR alloys too. I think the only giveaway now is the exhaust tip (oval), bigger brakes and the black wing mirrors which are easily missed as the car is Inferi black. To look at, it's just another Spanish Golf :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.