Johnsy's mk2 LCR' -- Nurburgring trip September 2016--

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
How you finding the new ride?

Love it,it's stunning (look at it ) interior is lovely,sound system worth Turning up a notch ,comfortable ride,halfed my fuel bills aswell as RFL & insurance , bigger boot oh and eventually got 19" rims . Wanted an Alfa for a while admittedly not a diesel but hey ho, needs must n all

It would seem customary that i break a new car ........ this one also needs a new drive shaft after 1000miles admittedly no trackday in sight , must be my driving.

Iv ordered a load of new cleaning products,and the Gtechniq glass stuff (G6,4,2,1) as the wipers aren't upto vag standard , so they need a hand .

How you getting on with your car?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Mines okay, just debating what to replace it with.

Can't make my mind up at whether to go for an S3 or get a comfy estate/saloon and stick with diesel...

Weighing up the additional costs of going back to petrol, plus I know if I had an S3 I would drive fast all the time, resulting in spending more money lol.

Need to start taking bits off the Leon and selling them.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Mines okay, just debating what to replace it with.

Can't make my mind up at whether to go for an S3 or get a comfy estate/saloon and stick with diesel...

Weighing up the additional costs of going back to petrol, plus I know if I had an S3 I would drive fast all the time, resulting in spending more money lol.

Need to start taking bits off the Leon and selling them.

As nice as sporty fast petrols are if you do any sort of mileage they start to be a bug bear with running cost's and depreciation as the mileage stacks up.

Did you say you had a child on the way ? Bigger needed etc?

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
As nice as sporty fast petrols are if you do any sort of mileage they start to be a bug bear with running cost's and depreciation as the mileage stacks up.

Did you say you had a child on the way ? Bigger needed etc?

No baby on the way yet but in the next 12-18 months more than likely.

I also want to move the Leon on as they're still going for decent money privately even with 100k plus. So I think if I kept it another year it wouldn't be worth as much. Plus all the mods that are sold will go towards respraying the front end and tidying her up.

I do roughly 200-250 miles a week which is about half a tank of diesel in the Leon. I know that would more than likely equate to a full tank in an S3. I'm leaning more towards a saloon/estate but if the right deal came along on an S3 it would be hard to refuse lol

Will start taking bits off the FR next week hopefully.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
No baby on the way yet but in the next 12-18 months more than likely.

I also want to move the Leon on as they're still going for decent money privately even with 100k plus. So I think if I kept it another year it wouldn't be worth as much. Plus all the mods that are sold will go towards respraying the front end and tidying her up.

I do roughly 200-250 miles a week which is about half a tank of diesel in the Leon. I know that would more than likely equate to a full tank in an S3. I'm leaning more towards a saloon/estate but if the right deal came along on an S3 it would be hard to refuse lol

Will start taking bits off the FR next week hopefully.

I wouldn't waist your money on a respray,save it for your new motor

Those miles are likely to set you back £50-£60 a week( which is what the Leon was costing us)

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough

Those miles are likely to set you back £50-£60 a week( which is what the Leon was costing us)

I wouldn't like to sell it without having the front end tidied up as its very badly chipped.

A weeks fuel in the Leon is £20-25 which is nothing really when you think a petrol would be easily double that.

Probably best to stick with diesel for now....

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford

£50-£60 for 250 miles? what sort of mpg are you expecting? my stage 2 fr (282bhp) is returning around 300 miles a tank with a heavy right foot and mostly shorter journeys. It costs me about £60 to fill her up with v power

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
£50-£60 for 250 miles? what sort of mpg are you expecting? my stage 2 fr (282bhp) is returning around 300 miles a tank with a heavy right foot and mostly shorter journeys. It costs me about £60 to fill her up with v power

I would expect anywhere from 20-28 mpg on an S3 with various styles of driving.

So probably £40-50 a week for 200-250 miles?

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
I would expect anywhere from 20-28 mpg on an S3 with various styles of driving.

So probably £40-50 a week for 200-250 miles?

something like that yes. I'm getting 27mpg and im enjoying my stage 2.
so I would expect 34mpg on longer journeys especially in an 8v s3

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
That LCR Iv just sold at stage 1 wouldn't do any better than 31mpg @ 70mph

I've got to say it is hard to get much over 30mpg at 70 or more, but on a 50-60 mph cruise my computer hit 37-38mpg.
I'm about to fill up so can let you know what it's capable of with sensible driving :rolleyes:

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
I've got to say it is hard to get much over 30mpg at 70 or more, but on a 50-60 mph cruise my computer hit 37-38mpg.
I'm about to fill up so can let you know what it's capable of with sensible driving :rolleyes:

Soul destroying driving that slow on the motorway though, and by that logic you might get 45-50mpg @ 50mph lol.
I had a 3.6 v6 before the LCR and that was as equally as good/bad on fuel but sounded a lot better . Even on a run at 70mph it would return 31mpg and that was AWD

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
Soul destroying driving that slow on the motorway though, and by that logic you might get 45-50mpg @ 50mph lol.
I had a 3.6 v6 before the LCR and that was as equally as good/bad on fuel but sounded a lot better . Even on a run at 70mph it would return 31mpg and that was AWD

lol true, i'll see how this tank of fuel goes.
I'm looking at newer VAG cars, with the EA888 engine (if thats right) as they are about £100
less to tax and quote about 40 mpg so thats why I'd expect to easily out do what I'm
getting in a 10 year old Leon FR stage 2

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise