MK2 CUPRA/R differences...

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
15y9gs7.jpg

Both 1.4, 90 bhp? :cartman:

Last edited:

iamneallyons

Dec 29, 2016
To be honest, im not that arsed how it looks - im bothered about whats underneath, the suspension/brakes/engine differences are what im looking for answers to?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
To be honest, im not that arsed how it looks - im bothered about whats underneath, the suspension/brakes/engine differences are what im looking for answers to?
I know the turning circle on the R ( 19's) is larger than the Cupra ( on 18's) .

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Cupra owner here, it's true, there's very little to distinguish the Cupra from a standard 1.4 at first glance. I like that though, a bland looking shopping hatchback with over 300bhp (in mine anyway) is great fun and very few people expect it to be capable of the performance it has.

I'm fully away of the differences but to about 99% of drivers you'll meet on the road, the Cupra is just another basic hatchback to look at. I never really noticed the differences until I had owned it a few months.

Ive got a cupra also and i can tell what im looking at lol. I know what your saying, my point was more at the fisherman just because they have the R and think there superior when its just cosmetic and seats. Maps the same mods the same ;) wasnt worth the extra 5k plus over a cupra for those seats and exhaust not for me anyway hate leather seats.

itsmeagain

Aug 4, 2012
Birmingham
Personally i didn't like the seats in a Cupra R, and the white display on the dash. It wasn't the extra cost either that put me off buying a Cupra R.
I just preferred the look of a K1. Plus after a remap the power is identical. Comes down to personal choice really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members