Mirrors not folding

andycupra

status subject to change
So as far as I'm aware, deadlocking is when you press the button a second time and it disables the door handles from within the car or something, but in doing so it also folds the mirrors... well it used to...

I don't think the nob has to be in a particular position however I have tried it in all positions!

precisely why i put this question forward.
pressing twice disables the deadlocks.

one press is the standard 'secure' option.
two presses being the less secure option.

It would make no sense to have a security feature that you have to opt into by pressing a second time. i also so see no reason why folding mirrors would be linked to deactivating deadlocks.

if you want to be sure, try it your self, sit in the car and experiment.

Last edited:

Jacko_

Jan 4, 2017
Manchester
I've got obdeleven and based 2 mins from jct 8 of the m61 if that's any use?

That's a very kind offer. Any idea how much it costs and also how much it costs to drop the soundaktor volume? I've unplugged it at the moment, but ideally I'd like to reconnect and reduce the volume to zero or close to zero.

What other mods are worth doing?

danlock92

Apr 15, 2016
Ok so I've tried both keys and also the window reset method but unfortunately the bloody things still aren't folding.

Looks like it's another trip to Seat!

Thanks for all of your responses!

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
precisely why i put this question forward.
pressing twice disables the deadlocks.

one press is the standard 'secure' option.
two presses being the less secure option.

It would make no sense to have a security feature that you have to opt into by pressing a second time. i also so see no reason why folding mirrors would be linked to deactivating deadlocks.

If you want to be sure, try it your self, sit in the car and experiment.

Pressing a second time doesn't disable the 'deadlocks' (whatever that is, the leon certainly doesn't have a second set of locks...), it deactivates the microwaves inside the car, so you can lock it with kids/dogs in and the alarm doesn't go off.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Pressing a second time doesn't disable the 'deadlocks' (whatever that is, the leon certainly doesn't have a second set of locks...), it deactivates the microwaves inside the car, so you can lock it with kids/dogs in and the alarm doesn't go off.

The first press on the lock button will lock the car, activate the alarm and the 'deadlock' facility ( doors cannot be opened from inside ) . A second press on the lock button within 15 seconds does two things - 1 . Isolates the interior motion sensors ( so you can leave kids, animals etc in the car ) 2. Disables the 'deadlocking' facility ( doors can be opened from the inside)
this is detailed in the handbook ( although not clearly) page 120. ( May 2016 handbook)
N.B Seat call their 'deadlocking' facility an 'anti-theft security system' or 'safelock' .

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.

so that's what that "activate safelock" message is that comes up when I get out of the car!
only had it 3 years....cheesus I'm a pillock.

danlock92

Apr 15, 2016
So today they just randomly started folding, all is good in the world!

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.