Alarm Question pleassseeee

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Hey guys,

Question for the brain trust. I picked up my Cupra ST on Saturday and I specced the factory alarm. I have the sensors in the centre console alright but I don't have the button to switch off the sensors. I assume I should have it?

I'm also wondering if anyone activated the alarm chirp recently? A friend with the VCDS cables tried yesterday and we followed the instructions posted here but the system seems to be different nowadays.

Any input welcome...

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Hey guys,

Question for the brain trust. I picked up my Cupra ST on Saturday and I specced the factory alarm. I have the sensors in the centre console alright but I don't have the button to switch off the sensors. I assume I should have it?

I'm also wondering if anyone activated the alarm chirp recently? A friend with the VCDS cables tried yesterday and we followed the instructions posted here but the system seems to be different nowadays.

Any input welcome...

Are you talking about the sensors for inside the car? If so I believe the technique to disable them is to lock the car by pressing once then to press the lock button on the key fob again, the car displays th flash of indicators, you hear the locking noise and they're off. Something I think they should really tell you about, in case you switch them off without realising you've done so. Perhaps someone could confirm? I'm 90% sure that's the case. It'll be in the manual too.

Mickle

May 25, 2016

From doing it recently via an ODBEleven, after you make the change you actually have to go into the car menu, opening & closing, then tick the new "Audible locking confirmation" box that will have appeared :)

Cupra290

STM400
Mar 8, 2016
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Any input welcome...

Press "lock" on key twice to dectivate internal sensors.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.