Spare wheel kit ?

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Agreed feels like a waste on money but don't want to be stuck and when sell the car keep the tyre and kit out will the one listed fit in the tyre space ok ? Should do I think I am ordering the 16" one once payed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Keyzer Soze

Sep 18, 2016
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's SEAT kit, so it should. When I bought my car, the sales guy gave me some BS about the foam being removable, but I didn't believe him. The servicing department said, no chance, you need a new tyre. After a couple of repairable punctures, the spare would pay for itself.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
It's SEAT kit, so it should. When I bought my car, the sales guy gave me some BS about the foam being removable, but I didn't believe him. The servicing department said, no chance, you need a new tyre. After a couple of repairable punctures, the spare would pay for itself.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

What the service department should have said is, if you use the tyre foam and it seals the puncture and you then drive exactly as it says in the repair kit instructions, then their is no reason it can not be repaired to British standard, as long as it meets the requirements layed out in the British standard for repairing tyres, ie it's no bigger than a certain size, Is not near the edge or in the side wall etc etc.

But basically the default answer is when faced with a tyre full of foam gunk is NO, even if it can be easily and correctly repaired, Why, cos it's easier and more profitable to sell you a new tyre, plus they often just can't be arsed to clean all that sticky **** out of your tyre :D

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Is that correct size 125/70r16

And that works out about same price better than £150 new

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
I also didnt have the spare wheel in my car & bought the complete kit new from a seat dealer via ebay
It wasnt cheap but priceless if your stuck somewhere esp in the sticks where i live.
After having worked in the Vehicle Recovery side of things a few yrs back & seen the hassle of no spare wheel its a no brainer. Sell it all on when you part ex your car in the future you cant go wrong

jimbo34

Jan 8, 2017
Hi, I'm in Spain and have a 2015 Seat Leon MK3 "style" that comes with the 17" alloys as standard. I am looking to buy a space saver wheel but was quoted 350 euros by the dealership which seemed a bit steep.

After looking on ebay, there's plenty of offers from Germany for 125/70/r16 wheels with 5X112 bolt pattern, some with part number 1K0601011B. They're listed as compatible with golf/seat/skoda/audi without giving models or versions.

I just wanted to check with anyone knowledgeable on here if they will fit a normal Leon Mk3 5 door hatchback before I buy. Can anyone advise?

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Bought one from dealer today for mine. 18" wheel with the jack etc for £179. Steep but OEM and fully correct and exactly as it should be. Had the choice of 16 or 18" wheel but given my car has 18's I chose 18.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
will the old Leon Mk2 spare with the old foam insert fit properly in the Mk3?

I notice there's a new foam insert that goes round the tyre instead of inside it.

I'm wondering if I'd get away with this in my 5 door Mk3 with 17" alloys....?
LINK HERE

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
will the old Leon Mk2 spare with the old foam insert fit properly in the Mk3?

I notice there's a new foam insert that goes round the tyre instead of inside it.

I'm wondering if I'd get away with this in my 5 door Mk3 with 17" alloys....?
LINK HERE

Yes, that’ll be perfect.

You’ll just need the centre bolt to hold it in place in the boot.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Last edited:
Reactions: sfmk2.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012

crawleyjim

Apr 11, 2018
Crawley West Sussex
Got mine from someone breaking an A3 on eBay. It cost about £70 for the wheel / jack from memory then Dave at SERE got me sorted with the bolt to hold it all in place in the boot.

Seat price is around the £200 mark for a new one.
Hiya, how can i get hold of Dave at SERE? as i have bought a golf one off e-bay but need the bolt to hold in place??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members