Has anybody handed their car back at the end of a PCP?

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
I looked at voluntary termination but with only a couple of payments left, I didn't like the idea of a marker on my credit file. The plan is to hand it back when the PCP is up, and having looked at leasing (as advised by other members) there is some cracking deals to be had so will probably be the way to go

I'm now wondering what actually happens at the end - do VW finance get in touch with me or do I need to contact them to start the ball rolling and what happens on the day the car goes back

It doesn't adversely effect your credit scoring or history though. It's your legal right as a consumer to invoke this. Lenders don't like you doing it for obvious reasons but it's there for the consumer not the lender. The flag is simply to let other lenders know why the agreement was terminated earlier than initially scheduled. As long as you've made all your payments up to the point of termination then you're fine.

EDIT: Experian say as much themselves:

http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/questions/askjames229.html

Last edited:

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
As above it's in terms of agreement so your not going to be adversely affected. Normally you need to ring. VW finance they'll arrange to send someone to inspect the car. Look up the fair wear and tear policy on there website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaintMac

Jan 25, 2016
I have voluntary terminated 4 cars over about 15 years and it hasn't impacted my credit rating and ability to get finance.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.