Painting wing mirrors gloss black

Martynm14

Oct 19, 2014
Hello, I went to get my wing mirrors on my Leon Mk3 wrapped black the other day but the guy said it wouldn't stick and would bubble up due to all of the lines and curves, so he said to get them sprayed.

Anyone know the best way to get them gloss black? plastidip? spray paints? take it to a bodyshop?

Thankyou for your time!

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Sounds like it'll be too hard for them to do more like. There an arkward shape. But tbh with time and patience can be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

percycars

Jan 26, 2014
I have a 2014 fr which i painted the mirrors and the rear cupra spoiler 2years ago and they are still really good

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Hello, I went to get my wing mirrors on my Leon Mk3 wrapped black the other day but the guy said it wouldn't stick and would bubble up due to all of the lines and curves, so he said to get them sprayed.

Lines and curves ?, isn't that what cars normally have anyway :D

What does he normally wrap ? Boxes maybe, perhaps he was one of santas helpers wrapping gifts - toy boxes- now works a bit quiet he has started up wrapping cars, as long as they have no lines or curves of course ;) :D

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Lines and curves ?, isn't that what cars normally have anyway :D

What does he normally wrap ? Boxes maybe, perhaps he was one of santas helpers wrapping gifts - toy boxes- now works a bit quiet he has started up wrapping cars, as long as they have no lines or curves of course ;) :D

GTI-Pirelli

May 29, 2015
Allesley
I took the covers off and painted them red with Plastidip along with the "CUPRA" badge (to match the calipers). I was going to use glossifier over the top but never got round to it so they stayed matt. It was on there for months.
When I traded it in the dealer said to leave it on as it added a little more character to the car.

Image from one day I was spotted in York. It was usually much cleaner, honest:

9121841.jpg

The grill wrap started to pull back and peel from the top inside corners after a few weeks so I took it off. My first attempt at wrapping. I can see what the OP's "Guy" is talking about; when the vinyl is stretched too far it likes to relax back. The MK3 Leon has very angular and complex mirrors so needs someone with a lot of experience:

IMAG0040_zpsvnvjhxjf.jpg

The rear:

IMAG0034_zps1erctw7t.jpg

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
I've got mine painted.
Better looking (gloss black) and it holds better.
I got it for a good price as well compared to what I should pay for wrapping them.
Arround £40ish for the pair.

PreMac

Jan 7, 2017
Nice, I had the same idea with the front mask, but not with plastic dip.

I'm going to buy the frame without painting (3x the price of the painted one) and paint it or let it coat with real carbon.

I already have my front grill in high gloss black.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.