Introduction – Cupra ST 290 owner from Sweden (First impressions)

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Have already posted some first newbie questions before purchasing the car. Thank you all for quick responses and great information. Last week I drove 600km and traded in my 2009 BMW 320d and picket up the new (used) 2016 Cupra ST with 9400 km on the clock. It was a great deal, that persuaded me to pull the trigger for the 290 instead of waiting for the 300. Previous owner was Seat.

First impressions:

(+)
-Favourite item on the equippment list is the bucket seats! What a joy! 
-The navigation is really great. Quick and easy to use.
-It´s really fast!!
-It looks great! Pictures doesn´t do justice on this car
-Audio quality with bluetooth calls is superb
-Alot bigger trunk than the BMW
- I’m loving it!
-19" original rims are amizingly good looking. (on 18" winter rims now though)

(-)
-Not really as loud as I had hoped for (Milltek Cat-back exhaust is ordered. Will be fitted in in about 2 weeks.)
-Not really got the hang of the Mirror Link/Android Auto feature yet. Whats the point with it? It locks the phone to the car. (can’t exit the app when connected)
-It’s a little bit to high. Suspension should/could have been a couple of cm lower for a sportier look.

One question I can shoot away directly:
-Do I need a VCDS to change so the Mirrors auto-fold when locking? (not having to long-press)

(could not post pictures of it due to that I have posted to little)

luigi33

Sep 29, 2016
Welcome petrolpants. How do you find the front wheel drive in the Swedish snow please?

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
-Not really got the hang of the Mirror Link/Android Auto feature yet. Whats the point with it? It locks the phone to the car. (can’t exit the app when connected)

One question I can shoot away directly:
-Do I need a VCDS to change so the Mirrors auto-fold when locking? (not having to long-press)

(could not post pictures of it due to that I have posted to little)
The mirror link is perfect if you wanna screen your phone on the display.
If for an example you prefer your SATNAV on the phone rather than the OEM SATNAV or Spotify.

If you have an iPhone you'll need to VCDS for the mirrors to fold.
If you have an Android you can use ODB11.

Welcome to heaven I'll say! :)

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Welcome petrolpants. How do you find the front wheel drive in the Swedish snow please?

It's getting on fine! Having on 18" non studded winter tires.
But it's not that fun, struggeling to get grip.
Ofcourse not as exciting as 4wd or rwd in the snow.

Had a Audi TT 3.2 a couple of years ago. That was a fun winter sled.

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
The mirror link is perfect if you wanna screen your phone on the display.
If for an example you prefer your SATNAV on the phone rather than the OEM SATNAV or Spotify.

If you have an iPhone you'll need to VCDS for the mirrors to fold.
If you have an Android you can use ODB11.

Welcome to heaven I'll say! :)

I have ANDROID.

So you say it can mirror the screen?
Not been able to that yet. Also, I can dowload an app to controll mirrors etc? For example turning off the soundaktor? Or am I still lost here..

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
He there, another swe owner here(cupra 280). I had a company make me a custom exhaust to make it louder. Pretty pleased now, but it's very loud now lol and I've fitted h&r springs, rides like stock(ever so slightly stiffer) and gets it about 2-2.5cm lower. Looks stockish but really like it should have come from factory.