Best seats to buy?

iiAddicted

Jan 8, 2017
I've recently purchased a Seat Leon Cupra TDI (150) and Im not overly keen on the stock seats, I go to university in Manchester however 'home' is Coventry, its only a 2.5hr drive but the stock seats just aren't enjoyable to do that drive in, obviously to start with I'm looking at the Recaros people talk about but I would like to know would these be a good option?

Would these make the drive more comfortable?

Where should I be looking to buy them from?

Any help is appreciated because I'm new to all this, thanks!

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Seat comfort is highly subjective, in other words two people could have complete different views on how comfortable a participial seat is.

The seats in the more sportier Leon are general considered to be better than the seats in the standard car. Can you tell which part of the current seat is giving the most problems and do a cheap fix. For example if there isn't enough lower back support you could use a cheap lumbar support, I'll admit not the nicest looking things but gets the job done.

If you're looking at changing the seats the easier way could be to use seats from other VAG cars on the same platform like the MK1 A3 or MK4 Golf. Their seats should fit without too much work. There should be plenty of aftermarket seats available but you may have have to use adapters and modify them to fit.

The problem would be knowing which type of seat will be comfortable for you on a long journey before buying it.

iiAddicted

Jan 8, 2017
Seat comfort is highly subjective, in other words two people could have complete different views on how comfortable a participial seat is.

The seats in the more sportier Leon are general considered to be better than the seats in the standard car. Can you tell which part of the current seat is giving the most problems and do a cheap fix. For example if there isn't enough lower back support you could use a cheap lumbar support, I'll admit not the nicest looking things but gets the job done.

If you're looking at changing the seats the easier way could be to use seats from other VAG cars on the same platform like the MK1 A3 or MK4 Golf. Their seats should fit without too much work. There should be plenty of aftermarket seats available but you may have have to use adapters and modify them to fit.

The problem would be knowing which type of seat will be comfortable for you on a long journey before buying it.

Yea definitely, this is my problem obviously I want a nice seat for long driving but at the same time when I want to have a little fun I don't want to be feeling like Im going to fall off my seat cornering, just need some ideas of what people recommend, thanks for the help :)

May 25, 2008
cambs
I put mk4 recaro seats in mine as the stock Cupra /r seats aren't exactly brilliant unless you have the lcr recaros
A lot more supportive and has lumbar support for longer drives

Stewarty

Oct 14, 2016
if you got £££ to spend the mk4 r32 seats are awsome all round for comfort and holding you in when cornering.there supposedly an easy fit for the leon plus they look awsome.looking to get a set myself for my lcr,but spose its a matter of opinion and taste!!!

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I used to have a curpa r and now have a cupra tdi and the seats look similar shape bur the foam is far harder in the middle of the back which i find less comfortabĺe. I think normal cupra r seat would be fine upgrade unless you want to stretch to recaros

Homer Simpson

May 12, 2014
I've recently purchased a Seat Leon Cupra TDI (150) and Im not overly keen on the stock seats, I go to university in Manchester however 'home' is Coventry, its only a 2.5hr drive but the stock seats just aren't enjoyable to do that drive in, obviously to start with I'm looking at the Recaros people talk about but I would like to know would these be a good option?

Would these make the drive more comfortable?

Where should I be looking to buy them from?

Any help is appreciated because I'm new to all this, thanks!

Another Coventry car :)

I put leather in mine (maybe toledo?) and they are a lot more comfortable. Look on ebay or facebook groups

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise