Leon cupra colour check

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
Ok so I have just taken delivery of my cupra 290 black....I ordered dynamic grey but this looks like white; I know they are very similar to look at but is there anywhere in the car like a paint code that I can check to see if it is dynamic grey?

Mickle

May 25, 2016
A lot of guys had their dynamic grey orders replaced with white as they supposedly ran out of the paint. If you get it confirmed as white, I know a lot of the leasers have been getting £250 in high street vouchers from SEAT so worth asking.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't white, most of the people who did get dynamic grey as ordered had theirs delivered a month ago.

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
Thanks for the help, I will have a look in the morning....the other thing is, is there a way of checking that I have the seat speaker upgrade with sub as I ordered this as an option and want to make sure I have what I ordered?

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
Sub is in the spare wheel.
Unbelievable if SEAT knowingly send out cars different to what has been agreed in the contract. I'd want another car, not £250 worth of vouchers for stuff I wasn't going to buy!
I hope it is what you ordered, as the disappointment of having to take it back for a long and protracted argument would be huge. Good luck.

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Mine was changed from dynamic grey to white but I was notified way in advance..... It's a great colour though so not bothered.... I was more interested in the car really. I received 250 in vouchers but had no idea where/who from, so reading on here solved that mystery.

Enjoy the car, your lease company (or dealer) is at fault for not letting you know about the change.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
Thanks, i am pretty convinced mine is white which i don't mind but would have preferred to have been told in advance.
I check the spare wheel and the sub is in it, so am happy that this is there!
I took a photo of the paint code or what i think it is, is there a way of checking this with someone who has a white or dynamic grey?

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
How can you mistake the colors?
They look very different. Check the Sticker like curtly said if you can't see the difference :)

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
it's code is LS9R which looking online is white if I am not correct?!

That code is Glacier White:

Glacier-White-LS9R-Genuine-VW-Touch-Up-Paint-Volkswagen-Touch-Up-Paint-Stone-Chip-Repair.jpg

Dynamic Grey is: LS7J

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?code=LS7J&manuf=Seat&rows=50

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
I would be absolutely raging if this happened to me, especially substituting it with white and not telling you, some people don't like white cars. They should have at least warned you in advance and let you choose any other colour of your choice AND compensated you. I would be rejecting the car if it was mine.

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
To rub salt in the wounds, it was delivered with a scratch on the bumper and the sales guy emailed back saying he thought it was white and not the grey i had ordered!!! They will look into it on Monday and call me back.

Scratch on bumper that I now have to take to the garage and also not even the colour i ordered. As you can imagine after waiting months after ordering I am not best pleased. If they do not come up with a suitable solution Monday I may even reject the car.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
Yeah I would be doing the same. If I was buying a new one and had chosen Dynamic Grey and they told me it wasn't available white would not be the colour I would want instead, I would want one of the other greys.

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
If I told you that I gave my order to the seat garage on the 3rd of August for delivery on the 13th January....it isn't like they didn't have time!
I agree, white isn't the colour I would have ordered...even though it looks good but it's the principle.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
I think you could get them on this as the vehicle is not as described because it is a different colour -

Your Basic Rights
New cars are covered by The Consumer Rights Act 2015 (which replaced The Sale of Goods Act 1979). That means they must be "as described", "of satisfactory quality", and "fit for the purpose".
The car should therefore:

Be in full working order and not damaged when purchased.
Meet any purpose specifically explained to the retailer and agreed before purchase (eg good suspension for going up and down country roads).
Match the description given at the time of purchase.

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
I registered with this site a while ago and have learned a great deal from it, but this is my first post. I believe you may have right to reject the car under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

There is also a Motor Ombudsman.

The retail ombudsman is Dean Dunham and he has a regular phone-in spot from 9 to 10pm on LBC every Monday. It could be worth a call - you may be able to get more £250 to persuade you to keep the car.

Mickle

May 25, 2016
I registered with this site a while ago and have learned a great deal from it, but this is my first post. I believe you may have right to reject the car under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

There is also a Motor Ombudsman.

The retail ombudsman is Dean Dunham and he has a regular phone-in spot from 9 to 10pm on LBC every Monday. It could be worth a call - you may be able to get more £250 to persuade you to keep the car.

May be right, a chap on the PistonHeads thread who received the car without being told of the change managed to negotiate upto £500 (not sure whether vouchers or cash discount). I think pretty much all of the people who accepted the £250 in vouchers were told in advance.

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
Just frustrating after waiting so long too. The fact it turned up with the scratch on the bumper kinda tipped me over the edge. The white doesn't even look a metallic colour albeit it still looks good!
If they repair the bumper and offer me a sweetener then we shall see.
On the positive side, I feel like a kid at Christmas again when driving it!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.