Loud clonking noise from front wheel

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Does anyone else have this problem or know what the problem might be?

Sometimes when I drive into my works carpark, I get a loud clonking noise from the right front wheel. The car park entrance is a 90 degree right turn from the main road and I go over a raised kerb that is about 3 inches high. I'm normally going at very low speed and it only happens sometimes. I've never heard the noise any other time when driving, only a few times when turning right over the kerb.

SEAT have told me to bring it in to them and to try and replicate the scenario, but I've told them it'll be difficult to replicate!

The car is only 15 months old and has 15k miles. It's a FR 1.4 150ps 3dr.

Is this a warranty issue?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Deano3

Sep 28, 2016
Warranty will sort it out but usually if clonking noise when on a lock and driving and keeps clonking over and over when driving slowlys and on a lock could be cv joint.

If when turn to left or right and one large noise could be top strut bearing but whatever it is warranty will sort it out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

nvidia

2004 Seat Ibiza FR TDi
May 16, 2009
Reading
I seems to experience the same issues, did you get your sorted?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Took it into the dealer and they re-greased the area and it seems to have fix it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jmaes5926

Oct 6, 2009
Northampton
Hi All,

I have a mechanical/grinding noise when reversing at or near full lock when reversing in from the left, so left hand down.

It sounds like it is coming from the nearside front.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members