Auto lights query

Windydave13

Mar 20, 2016
Evening all,

On my ST i have the auto lights and auto wipers module. Generally all is good, however in that interim time between daylight and darkness the auto lights has a habbit of only putting the front sidelights on and not the rears. The same goes when its raining during the day.

Is there anyway in VCDS to make it such that when the sidelights come on, the rears come on??

I read something on an Audi B6 forum about setting "DRL's via Tail Lights" to active but when i've been into module 9 tonight it just looks like this will make DRL come on all the time.

Anyway had any success on this?

Dave

danjwilko

Sep 1, 2016
What year Exeo is this? Only reason I ask as mine put the tears on only reason I know this funnily enough as I was following my parents in a hire car they was in mine I had to set it to auto for them. So should be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danjwilko

Sep 1, 2016
Hmmm mines 59 plate same halogen lights setup bit odd , I wouldn't know on the vcds side they do actually work if you put them on as normal I take it?.

Windydave13

Mar 20, 2016
They do indeed. If it's fully dark everything kicks in. It's just that twilight and daytime rain where the front sidelights come on but nothing at the rear.

danjwilko

Sep 1, 2016
Il have a double check tomorrow make sure for definite but I'm almost 100% mine come on with the sides and alternate just the main headlights. Hope someone can be more of a help mate

Nihilist

Nov 16, 2016
I've always wondered why we need this auto lights function. When did the human race lose the ability to judge daylight or rather lack of it and be able to switch on the correct lights? :D
Meeting cars coming toward me with headlights blazing in the daytime is getting to be a real driving hazard these days as these lazy drivers clearly have lost the ability to see that their main beams are on.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.