goodbye! (arthritis forces sale of FR...)

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
just reluctantly put in an ad to sell my much-loved 184 FR, as my knees are getting worse.
So I'll be getting a Volvo XC60 in a few weeks, as it's just a bit bigger and softer than the Ateca.
So it's cheerio to all my mates on here - thanks for you humour and help; hope you all keep on keeping on.
cheers
andrew

PS - if you know anybody wants to grab a bargain, get in touch! £12500, big spec, full seat history, and a deal on the table for a warranty extension this month...just bigging it up, you know?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
just reluctantly put in an ad to sell my much-loved 184 FR, as my knees are getting worse.
So I'll be getting a Volvo XC60 in a few weeks, as it's just a bit bigger and softer than the Ateca.
So it's cheerio to all my mates on here - thanks for you humour and help; hope you all keep on keeping on.
cheers
andrew

PS - if you know anybody wants to grab a bargain, get in touch! £12500, big spec, full seat history, and a deal on the table for a warranty extension this month...just bigging it up, you know?

sorry to hear this, hope all goes well with the Volvo,all the best.

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
You're 'a regular', you'll be missed.
I hope you enjoy your new car, I'm sure you will.
All the best.

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
well, it won't be as quick as the leon, or as cheap to run, that's for sure.
But it'll be easier to get in and out of, plus moving back to an auto box as the problem has spread to my left foot and ankle. Lucky it's not the right one!
cheers, guys:)
Bet the volvo forum's a bit staid compared with this zoo!

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Xc 60

A friend of mine has just got his 3rd XC 60 (8th Volvo altogether) so they must be ok!

Suspect I'll eventually be going down the auto route for the same reason, but sticking with manual as long as poss.

All the best.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
have been on the volvo forum already. There's one thread which is the Volvo Form "Mornington Crescent" game, as in BBC R4's "I'm Sorry - I Haven't A Clue". On P249 so far...
Obviously a much better class of car-obsessed OCD saddo's than you meet on here:) Doubt there's much about tuning, detailing, but probably lots about Labradors.
But I bet very few of them have such big grins as people on here...

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
have been on the volvo forum already. There's one thread which is the Volvo Form "Mornington Crescent" game, as in BBC R4's "I'm Sorry - I Haven't A Clue". On P249 so far...
Obviously a much better class of car-obsessed OCD saddo's than you meet on here:) Doubt there's much about tuning, detailing, but probably lots about Labradors.
But I bet very few of them have such big grins as people on here...

I'm sorry I haven't a clue is my favourite radio show, and I like labradors. Does that mean I should look a changing to a Volvo?

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Just get some green wellies, a wax jacket and have The Archers on. Oh yes, and drive round shouting 'GET ORF MOI LAND!!' at everyone. You'll soon adapt to Volvo driving..... :D

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
is that all it takes?
I thought I'd have to buy a trilby, a pipe, and increase the beta blockers by at least 100% to get that chilled-out, laid-back attitude, instead of driving around like my trousers were on fire, the seat almost horizontal and a back-to-front baseball cap on...

duchess99

Sep 25, 2016
is that all it takes?
I thought I'd have to buy a trilby, a pipe, and increase the beta blockers by at least 100% to get that chilled-out, laid-back attitude, instead of driving around like my trousers were on fire, the seat almost horizontal and a back-to-front baseball cap on...

Just set all your favourites to Classic FM, Premier Praise and R4 and you'll fit right in.

Good luck with the Volvo Sir, your posts were a great help when picking out my car.. :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.