Seat Leon ST Cupra Side Skirts

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
Same plans here in Estonia. My friend has 5 door and I have ST version Cupra MK3, both Midnight Black. The local dealer asks about 700+€ for primed skirts, the Polish parts seems to be quite crap, a lot of works also needed (sanding, fitting, cutting, painting etc). So we also found the Horton Seat page, but the same "not shipping out the UK" problem. Maybe we can get then through acquaintance living in UK, let's hope we can manage like that. At least already painted, OEM parts (Y).

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Same plans here in Estonia. My friend has 5 door and I have ST version Cupra MK3, both Midnight Black. The local dealer asks about 700+€ for primed skirts, the Polish parts seems to be quite crap, a lot of works also needed (sanding, fitting, cutting, painting etc). So we also found the Horton Seat page, but the same "not shipping out the UK" problem. Maybe we can get then through acquaintance living in UK, let's hope we can manage like that. At least already painted, OEM parts (Y).

Have you managed to get in contact with horton to see If they can put in international orders manualy? Have been able to get a hold of them. Thought the might make exceptions :)

Have anyone purchased the Pre painted versions? Are they a 100% match?

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Got an answer now why they are so hard to find to purchase on internet:

"Hi sorry I wouldn't ship, the box is almost 2 meters long and struggle to find couriors to take that long, sold a couple in the uk and they always seem to get damaged / bent".

Crap.
I have asked the Seat Essen shop on Ebay if the have guarantee on the shipping. If so, I will place an order today. The cost 410 pund.

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
Got an answer now why they are so hard to find to purchase on internet:

"Hi sorry I wouldn't ship, the box is almost 2 meters long and struggle to find couriors to take that long, sold a couple in the uk and they always seem to get damaged / bent".

Crap.
I have asked the Seat Essen shop on Ebay if the have guarantee on the shipping. If so, I will place an order today. The cost 410 pund.

So they basically say, that they can't pack the parcel good enough.. :/ I placed our orders today, lets see, maybe my friend's friend will find a decent way to deliver the skirts when he receives them.

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
So they basically say, that they can't pack the parcel good enough.. :/ I placed our orders today, lets see, maybe my friend's friend will find a decent way to deliver the skirts when he receives them.

So you ordered from Horton Seat to your friend in the UK?
And he will send to you in Estonia?

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
That's the plan, yes. :)

Did you purchase the pre painted one?

I just found this site. borderlinx.com
It's using DHL. Extra shipping cost would be around 180 pund for me.
Still better price to purchase from Horton and use that.

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
Did you purchase the pre painted one?

I just found this site. borderlinx.com
It's using DHL. Extra shipping cost would be around 180 pund for me.
Still better price to purchase from Horton and use that.

Yes, prepainted ones, the painting here would cost about 200-300€ more. I assume, since they are OEM parts, OEM colors, they will match nicely.

there are some options like you linked, true. Let's see what's the shipping with our deal.

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
Finally placed the order! :)
After been in contact with Horton (great service) he advised me to find a dealer who could re-package the skirts in better packing. Styrofoam box or such.

Found the Seat Essen in Germany. 400 £ for the skirts in prime and they would ensure to re-package and ship the skirts for 20. Finally! Now I can get this off the list. My total sum will be around 600 for painted skirts. Expensive. But I really fell in love whit this car with the skirts on it. And since I purchased a used car, I did not find any with factory fitted skirts during the 2 months I searched for car.

Looking forward to fitting them! (along with Milltek exhaust and Rieger Splitter) :)

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Finally placed the order! :)
After been in contact with Horton (great service) he advised me to find a dealer who could re-package the skirts in better packing. Styrofoam box or such.

Found the Seat Essen in Germany. 400 £ for the skirts in prime and they would ensure to re-package and ship the skirts for 20. Finally! Now I can get this off the list. My total sum will be around 600 for painted skirts. Expensive. But I really fell in love whit this car with the skirts on it. And since I purchased a used car, I did not find any with factory fitted skirts during the 2 months I searched for car.

Looking forward to fitting them! (along with Milltek exhaust and Rieger Splitter) :)

That's great mate. Glad you found a solution. Get some pictures up when they arrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
That's the plan, yes. :)

How has it gone for you with the plan to drop ship with your friend??? :)
I'm taking delivery of mine tomorrow. Fingers crossed that they are still in one piece.

Handing them over to the paint shop in the afternoon.
Having them fitted 1st of february when it's already going in the shop

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
Well they arrived at the Audi dealership (there is my friends-friend) on last Friday. Now I have to wait some time, someone (I think he is my friend's-friend's-friend :D) is coming to Estonia but it will happen at the end of next week. So far so good.

Last edited:

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
They arrived yesterday in one piece, very well package! So I recommend Seat Essen to any international shoppers.

Handed them in to the paint shop this morning.
So it on the go :) Will post pictures when fitted.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Great news. Keep us posted on progress. I'm looking at purchasing a set when funds allow and will most likely fit myself to keep costs down. I recently found slight damage to sills which I suspect was done when I had tyres fitted so looking to cover up with skirts.

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
They arrived yesterday in one piece, very well package! So I recommend Seat Essen to any international shoppers.

Handed them in to the paint shop this morning.
So it on the go :) Will post pictures when fitted.

Make some pics of the installation process too, maybe some tips and tricks for others :p

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
IMG_2106_2048-me.jpg

Mine are installed :p

petrolpants

Dec 10, 2016
IMG_2106_2048-me.jpg

Mine are installed :p

Looks Great! Congratulations on your great deal on The painted ones. I picked up mine from The paintshop this morning. Paint looked like to be a spot on match. Will see when they are fitted and out in The daylight :) always nervous about that. Once painted The bonnet på mycket Audi TTS and The colour was WAY off. That sucked...

Oh well, looking forward to tomorrow. Will post some before / after pics

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
they are looking good. really good. set the car off nicely.

I did get some pics from the folks in Poland of the side skirts in primer. they look good and same as OEM. plus with fitment on the car too.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.