FR 17" wheels

raymie440

Jan 12, 2017
Glasgow
Hello there, first post so please be gentle!

I pick up my Leon FR tomorrow, it has the standard 17" wheels. Owing to my age now I am going to stick to that size of wheel. My question is, has anyone had the standard wheels redone in anthracite or a high power silver to show of the curves more? Alternatively I really like the Dare X2 wheel, the Fox MS007 or a BBS ch style all in 17.

Does anyone have any of these wheels (pics) on thier car?

Thanks in advance
Raymond

Last edited:

fastnfat

Dec 4, 2010
Birmingham
Hello there, first post so please be gentle!

I pick up my Leon FR tomorrow, it has the standard 17" wheels. Owing to my age now I am going to stick to that size of wheel. My question is, has anyone had the standard wheels redone in anthracite or a high power silver to show of the curves more? Alternatively I really like the Dare X2 wheel, the Fox MS007 or a BBS ch style all in 17.

Does anyone have any of these wheels (pics) on thier car?

Thanks in advance
Raymond

Hi Raymond and welcome. Just one question. What has age to do with the size of the wheels?:D:D

raymie440

Jan 12, 2017
Glasgow
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've done the 30 and 35 profile tyres and I'm not sure my bones can take it anymore, I guess I'm just looking for a little more comfort and compliance now. If I use speed it's usually in a straightish line, overtaking, so I don't want a harsh ride day to day.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
The 17"s are the best looking on the FR SC, maybe the larger wheels look better on the 5dr or the ST but that's just my opinion....

raymie440

Jan 12, 2017
Glasgow
The 17"s are the best looking on the FR SC, maybe the larger wheels look better on the 5dr or the ST but that's just my opinion....
I agree they aren't bad looking wheels, mine is a 5 door in Nevada white, that's why I was wondering about maybe changing the colour of them.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I sympathise completely; when I bought mine the dealer (Letchworth Seat) were happy to swap the standard-fitment 18s for the same Performance 17s as I didn't want too harsh a ride.
But after 3 years I'm finding the seats firm anyway, but worse is trying to climb out!
so with regret, Leon - you're fired.
Moving on to a Volvo XC60. Believe the tweed trilby isn't compulsory....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.