Increasing the exhaust noise on a mk3 Leon Fr 1.8tsi

Chrisc1995

Jan 19, 2017
Norfolk
Hi Guys,

New to the forum, just brought a mk3 Leon for 1.8tsi with the sports package (both bumpers and different exhaust). Love the car but the exhaust noise is disappointing! Any ideas and testimonials on how this can be done? I don't want it too noisy, just a few pops and crackles would be nice.

Look forward to your Advice!

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I asked a similar question for my 1.4 and a common answer was to remove the middle muffler. I've done this in the past and it sounded awesome on my old GTI. However, I'm a little worried as my 1.4 FR is 10x the price. :p

Chrisc1995

Jan 19, 2017
Norfolk
Are there any other threads about this as I can't find any?
Yeah I want some advice but proof aswell as I don't want to break my car either haha

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
You can have a box welded back in as easily as having one removed chaps!! On my ancient 2003 MCS I have a Scorpion exhaust that was way too loud at 6am as I sneak off to work so I had a box welded in which not only quietened it down a lot, but actually made it sound pretty damned good - for a Mini. Cost £80 to do.

I am of the same opinion with the 1.8TSi so may remove a box as it has very dull sounds but then the 3.4, 6 cylinder of my weekend car is spoiling me something rotten!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.