SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I've just made an inquiry for the price of the 300 for DSG with an inquiry to the have a keyed ignition.

I doubt the 300 is gonna be quicker on 0-60 than the 290 power to weight ratio will be shot down. Stock rolling road the 290s where 296bhp with v power running In them, and toasted Golf R's on drag, and where less than half a second behind the mk3 focus RS on quarter mile while pulling quicker and catching up to final drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delticdave

Dec 17, 2016
I've just made an inquiry for the price of the 300 for DSG with an inquiry to the have a keyed ignition.

I doubt the 300 is gonna be quicker on 0-60 than the 290 power to weight ratio will be shot down. Stock rolling road the 290s where 296bhp with v power running In them, and toasted Golf R's on drag, and where less than half a second behind the mk3 focus RS on quarter mile while pulling quicker and catching up to final drive

It's not the ultimate performance that's so importance to us, more that the AWD is going to be better on the road in UK weather conditions.

The '17 AWD Cupra ST & the '16 Golf R Estate are comparable, (same power output) in performance, but will feel different to live with.
The Seat will be cheaper but although money will always play a part in real life purchasing decisions, it's not always the decider.

DC

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
It's not the ultimate performance that's so importance to us, more that the AWD is going to be better on the road in UK weather conditions.

The '17 AWD Cupra ST & the '16 Golf R Estate are comparable, (same power output) in performance, but will feel different to live with.

The Seat will be cheaper but although money will always play a part in real life purchasing decisions, it's not always the decider.

DC

I agree with what your saying completely, I'm after the awd for the fun of them to be honest, just saw a few post's saying what's the 0-60 times, so I didn't know if they where aware of the difference at stock levels.

Mines running 382bhp an all in all it's not been to bad with the weather and road conditions, a fair amount of wheel hop, but that's expected when being lazy with the throttle.

That being said I'm just trying to give credit where it's due, the cupra to me is a performance vehicle, and is great fun on the track. I'm merely pointing out at what a great job they did with the chassis, and fwd components and slip diff. On a dry day at silverstone it will out handle and get better track times, than a golf R which is incredible to say.

I'm looking forward to the future purchase and hoping Revo can take it to stage 4 possibly.

All in all I've been vary taken by seat, I was thinking of the RS for a future purchase but clearly seat have done what should have in the beginning with AWD

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Configured my ideal 5 door DSG - £32k! That's 6k more than I paid for my 280 two and half years ago. Ouch!!
Also not keen on the standard alloys and the front fogs that look like an aftermarket addition.
Now toying with the idea of paying the final installment on my 280 and keeping it indefinitely - has everything I want apart from the upgraded infotainment system perhaps but that's not worth 6k extra.
:shrug:

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
6K for two and a half years depreciation is a bargain. Either that or you paid way too much for your 280.

Got mine on a PCP for £26k (optioned leather and sound) - it's now worth £14.5. That makes £18k depreciation from a new 300, if I understand the sums correctly. Sadly I can't see there being a deal close enough to what I pay at the moment without stumping up a large deposit for me to go for a new 300.
But then I am a car nut so.....:whistle:

Greydar

Jan 1, 2017
North Somerset UK
But then I am a car nut so.....
If we were all sensible we would be driving Nissan Micra's or something. With the top range SEAT's you get a lot of bang for your buck, but depreciation is always going to be a bummer.
Still, who cares eh? If it puts a smile in your face, it's worth the price.

delticdave

Dec 17, 2016
It's six speed. Same box as before.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So I thought by I've seen something from Seat that stated that it was the new7-speed.

If (!) I can find the reference I'll get back to you.

andycupra

status subject to change
0-60 improvement is largely down to 4wheel drive.

0-60 is becoming less of a fair comparitive test, the power of modern cars mean that many cant put down full power till over 50 so its more a reflection of weight and tyre grip.
in this case the 4wheel drive allows more power to be put down earlier. yes there is a bit more power, there is also probably a little more weight on the wheels, all these help with initial traction.

OJarvis

Oct 31, 2018
Hello everyone
icon_cool.gif

I'm Jessica, from Cardiff and I drive a SEAT Cupra 300bhp!

I thought I'd join a car forum (this is my first one), as I always have so many questions and no one to answer them.

My car went in for a service today, and I saw that White Dove Seat in Cardiff have 0% finance on a brand new seat and £500 off a brand new car when financing on 0%. I'm a bit annoyed because of course it excludes the Cupra, I wish I could have got 0% finance and £500 off, the car costs me a bomb to run lol! I guess it's the trick of having a Cupra, but I wish you could get the good deals
icon_confused.gif

Nice to meet everyone
icon_biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: donoli74

donoli74

Oct 13, 2018
Hello everyone
icon_cool.gif

I'm Jessica, from Cardiff and I drive a SEAT Cupra 300bhp!

I thought I'd join a car forum (this is my first one), as I always have so many questions and no one to answer them.

My car went in for a service today, and I saw that White Dove Seat in Cardiff have 0% finance on a brand new seat and £500 off a brand new car when financing on 0%. I'm a bit annoyed because of course it excludes the Cupra, I wish I could have got 0% finance and £500 off, the car costs me a bomb to run lol! I guess it's the trick of having a Cupra, but I wish you could get the good deals
icon_confused.gif

Nice to meet everyone
icon_biggrin.gif
Nice to meet u 2 jessica,always cool to see seatcupragirlpower!
I get mine in 1 week,nevada white spanish power!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.