Cupra 280 service

lee wwfc

Dec 8, 2013
Hi all, my car is coming upto 20k now and is obviously due it's second service.

What parts are needed for this interval and where is the best place to order them from?

Thanks for your help

Lee

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Still in warranty?

Dealer is cheap enough and doing it yourself makes the warranty questionable and reduces the value of your car...

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
Still in warranty?

Dealer is cheap enough and doing it yourself makes the warranty questionable and reduces the value of your car...

So what makes an "inspection" service? Is it a case that they do an oil service and just look at the car to see if everything is ok for the waranty?

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands

lee wwfc

Dec 8, 2013
I got the car from a Seat dealer but it's not exactly close so arranging to drop it off and collect it is a bit of a pain.
They told me i could get it serviced anywhere and it wouldn't affect the warranty.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I don't think it's a case of getting it serviced anywhere to ensure the warranty is upheld. You can certainly have it serviced away from main dealer but there are specific guidelines to follow. I don't know the specifics but maybe seat UK website can help?

Last edited:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I don't think it's a case of getting it serviced anywhere to ensure the warranty is uphelp. You can certainly have it serviced away from main dealer but there are specific guidelines to follow. I don't know the specifics but maybe seat UK website can help?

Has to be a vat registered garage and use genuine parts or parts to OEM spec I think.

If it's just the inspection oil change then probably worth getting it done at a Seat dealer as others have suggested.
As long as you got the right stamps in the book for oil changes and servicing, you can get other stuff done anywhere or even do it yourself

Seanm

Jan 21, 2014
Glasgow
I got my cars 2nd service at a "independent garage" and a week later my car went into limp mode after having Misfires all week above 2k revs and called seat assist and they said because i didn't have it serviced at a seat garage it was now void

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
I got my cars 2nd service at a "independent garage" and a week later my car went into limp mode after having Misfires all week above 2k revs and called seat assist and they said because i didn't have it serviced at a seat garage it was now void

What service did they do? If it was just an oil service, and they used the correct oil then I'm not sure SEAT can get out of the warranty that easily.
I would argue the point 'assertively'

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Seanm

Jan 21, 2014
Glasgow
A major service as i was at 38k miles but while i was on the phone to seat assist they said "we cant help you but if your part of the AA we can as is the same company" luckily i have tht with my bank and found the garage had ripped my coil to which the garaged denied so much for customer care... but they offered to order 1 for me at my expense :lol:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
A major service as i was at 38k miles but while i was on the phone to seat assist they said "we cant help you but if your part of the AA we can as is the same company" luckily i have tht with my bank and found the garage had ripped my coil to which the garaged denied so much for customer care... but they offered to order 1 for me at my expense :lol:

I'd be livid , as I'm sure you probably are.
I belive the sale of goods & services act puts the onus on the garage to prove they didn't damaged it, not for you to prove they did.

I'd send the garage the bill for the putting right of the damage they caused, then follow it up with a letter before action if they don't pay up, then or if they still refuse, a simple money claim on line should get you your money :)

Last edited:

Seanm

Jan 21, 2014
Glasgow
I think its because i look like a 17 year old boy the owner just didnt care ..... he took out the coil looked at the insulation tape that the AA had patched it up with and said "nothing to do with me but the tape is good stuff" i think for buisnesses like a car garage the best way to get back at them is word of mouth and i work in the local area so they have lost a good few customers and many more to come il get a £80 coil but they will lose more

lee wwfc

Dec 8, 2013
Right thanks for the heads up lads much appreciated.

What should be carried out at the 20k service? Is it just basics like oil and filters?

Thanks again

Lee

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
You can take a car anywhere now and dealers cannot by law get out of any warranty claims if valid.

As long as your Indy uses seat or OEM parts / fluids with valid receipts and part numbers then its all valid so any warranty work had to be done by the dealer.

Future buyers of the car should not be put off as the right parts have been used and its the law now that dealers have to be more open around servicing and avoid lock in.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
You can take a car anywhere now and dealers cannot by law get out of any warranty claims if valid.

As long as your Indy uses seat or OEM parts / fluids with valid receipts and part numbers then its all valid so any warranty work had to be done by the dealer.

Future buyers of the car should not be put off as the right parts have been used and its the law now that dealers have to be more open around servicing and avoid lock in.

All the is very true, with a couple of caveats ... 1. If you keep the car past the end of the warranty period and have an issue, Seat are more likely to be 'sympathetic' if you have a full Seat dealer stamped service book 2. Sale time. Two cars, identical spec, same price. Only difference is , car A has a fully Seat stamped book, car B has ' bloggs autos' stamps etc in it. Now, we clever people know that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the majority of the car buying public? They'd go for car A.