Heater Switches Dislodged

Bladdyblah

Jan 7, 2017
Before i wreck anything further i thought id ask if anyone knows how to relocate the heater switches in the centre of the dash on an Altea. Do they afix to the panel trim from the rear or some other way. They received a blow and have fallen into the facia slightly.
Thanks

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
I don't think they are attached on the facia,

on mine I believe I took the stereo front plate off, just pop it off just clips around the edge

Then I believe there are two screws holding the heater control panel in place, from memory undo these, a few more clips and it came off leaving the guts behind

Mine is a standard heating layout, 3 knobs for heat, fan and air direction, and a few switches for air re-circ and heated rear window, mine is not the fancy computerised heating layout

didn't look to much at the switches and knobs so cant say how they were fixed

Good luck
Dave

Bladdyblah

Jan 7, 2017
I don't think they are attached on the facia,

on mine I believe I took the stereo front plate off, just pop it off just clips around the edge

Then I believe there are two screws holding the heater control panel in place, from memory undo these, a few more clips and it came off leaving the guts behind

Mine is a standard heating layout, 3 knobs for heat, fan and air direction, and a few switches for air re-circ and heated rear window, mine is not the fancy computerised heating layout

didn't look to much at the switches and knobs so cant say how they were fixed

Good luck
Dave

Thanks Dave.......you were right......switches sit on 4 sleeves.......these sleeves have movable plastic washers built in and it was a simple case of clicking the washers back into place and replacing the facia......sorted now :)

Last edited:

falcon7

Jan 31, 2014
North Devon
Thanks for your input Dial_0.
Looking at this thread for info on the heater switch and thanks to you I found it.
I want to get to the back of the switch to find out why the low speed fan settings aren't working.

Hopefully it will just be a resistor or two that need replacing.
I can do that bit but I didn't want to break anything more getting the switch off.

falcon7

Jan 31, 2014
North Devon
Couldn't get the front plate off.
Seemed very reluctant and with the weather being cold didn't want to break it.
Will be selling it soon so I'll leave well alone.

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
you need to take the radio cover plate off first, then there are two torq screws in that opening above the radio (top left and top right) which hold the heater facia on, take another look, not sure if it has clips as well

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.