Newbie Ibiza 1.4 sport owner

SwinDan

Jan 23, 2017
Swindon
Hi all, well after 11 and half years faithfull service it's time for an upgrade have ordered a new Ibiza 1.4tsi Fr act in black, Alcanta seats, seat sound, space saver wheel with side skirts and rear spoiler and am now playing the dreaded wait for the factory to build it game have been told the first week of March so fingers crossed :whistle:

SwinDan

Jan 23, 2017
Swindon
Thanks, this will be my 2nd black one too. My present one in black magic is still looking quite good considering its grand old age of 11 so hoping my new one will last as long :)

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Right, so are you now getting info directly from SEAT? Ie my wife started to get updates on progress from VW - ie "into build" "with the factory" etc ect? If not see if your dealer can sort that out.

Just be aware that these cars probably get built and are on a train to the docks within 4 days, so next thing is to annoy your dealer into getting the name of the transporter ship and then you can track it from Spain, either to the muster point in Embden Northern Germany, or directly to UK. Sometimes these huge ships leave with mixed VAG marque products and get sorted out for localish distribution and into smaller transporter ships in Embden for transport to your local port that VAG use.

Edit:- marine movements or maritime movements website for ship movement and tracking!

Last edited:

SwinDan

Jan 23, 2017
Swindon
No just got call from my stealership updating me hmmmm I might have to give them a call back tomorrow and get on the case

SwinDan

Jan 23, 2017
Swindon
Car has now left the factory and is on route to U.K. Unable to get transport details so just playing the waiting game now:whistle:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
SEAT dealer will/can get details of that car's journey to him, just make them try to do their job!

So, that car transporter ship will be sailing out of Santander to ports in maybe Europe close to UK then to UK ports.

If you are really keen to find out what is happening, go onto the Santander port website and see when car transporter ships are scheduled to leave or have left in the past few days and see which of them is heading for UK.

Maybe you don't think that game is worth playing though, so fair enough.

SwinDan

Jan 23, 2017
Swindon
Yeah my stealership isn't really playing the game I've had to keep chasing them to get any info at all pretty poor considering how much money is being spent don't they realise how excited we get lol

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes, they get very excited about getting their commission, I don't remember if I said this already, but I got bored waiting for my wife's new Polo in August 2015, so we just sort of ended near the dealership one day, I asked, got the transporter ship name, rushed home, hoping to start tracking that huge ship from South Africa (5 door Polos RHD only made there!), only to find that it had just left Belgium and was heading for Germany (Emden) - now that was very annoying as I had past quite a bit of time searching for it heading towards Spain from South Africa round the bottom of Africa, wrong - it went via some Arab countries and then through the Suez canal !

SwinDan

Jan 23, 2017
Swindon
Update on new car it has arrived in the country and been registered with 17 plates just a small matter of having the style pack added and waiting for the 1st of the month till I can get my hands on her seriously excited now:funk:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members