maybe new owner

andy66

Jan 7, 2017
hi guys going to look at a 59 plate exeo 2.0 tdi 140bhp estate sport model,one owner,fsh 94k on clock,what things to look out for, it comes with 18 inch alloys is it going to be a hard ride i think so,trade sale price 5795 that a bit steep or about right

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Hi Andy, firstly I have 170bhp ST sport tech, mine has factory 18's and i wouldn't say the ride was hard at all, in comparison to my old mk1 Leon Cupra TDI that was on 17's I would say the ride is more comfortable and handles better. I'm not sure on price wise if it is right or not but will give you an idea, mine is 2013 when i bought it in Jan last year it had 30k on the clock full service history, i paid £10.5k. There were similar age and spec up at main dealers for £11k-£13k.

Things to look out for are wet carpets, can't remember which side this is due to drainage bungs in the engine bay blocking up, because of leaf litter etc so if the car has regularly been parked under trees etc.

Something else I saw on the forum was if it has xenon headlights the plastic lens can get discoloration on them due to heat.

andy66

Jan 7, 2017
thanks for replying,yeah the leaf thing i new about im a ex b5.5 owner so that was a yearly check,im not sure if it has xenons,im going to look at it tomorrow,but thanks for the heads up

danjwilko

Sep 1, 2016
That's a tad dear mate tbh plenty on auto trader to give you a rough guide, mine is a 59 plate ST Sport 170 , brought last august with 102000 on the clock full service history and just been serviced and cambelt and clutch done that was £4995

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danjwilko

Sep 1, 2016
I've got the halogens on mine and they perform better then current HIDs we have a 2016 Mercedes c250d amg and it's better than that lights wise (bearing in mind that's leds) hands down and no where near the expense of replacing a hid bulb.

Last edited:

danjwilko

Sep 1, 2016
Agreed Deffo look around as I say loads on auto trader make sure it has been regularly serviced and has had the dual mass flywheel changed if it's due a clutch, any rattle at idle or heavy to mild vibration at idle will mean new dual mass flywheel as they're poop on all the VW cars. Other than that better engine and gearbox out of all the a4s and on a solid chassis.

irvtheswerv

Dec 15, 2015
Price is a pi$$ take. Get yourself to the auctions. I bought a 12 plate 143 SE tech saloon with 50,000 miles for £6,400 in May '16, which was bang on the auction guide price for this.

A lot of dealers won't even take an Exeo in p/x, and if they do they'll just offer less than bottom book price. There's no need to pay book price for one because I can guarantee you'll be the only person interested in it.

I sold mine in December and had to sell it via WBAC because there was no interest on it on here, autotrader or various other sites at £6,000.

danjwilko

Sep 1, 2016
Deffo what etc said I'd leave this one and have a look elsewhere autotrader is a good place to start to get a feel for the price etc , unless you have knowledge in the mechanics I'd leave the auctions you never know what your buying , no warranty or guarantee the cars even safe to drive just as seen.

If you find anything else close to what you'd like mileage price etc let us know.

irvtheswerv

Dec 15, 2015
Depends on what you're buying at auction.

British car auctions now own WebuyanyCar. Anything you sell to WBAC is turned out at a BCA auction.

If you get a BCA assured car, these are generally ex-lease vehiles and come with warranted mileage,an AA mechanical and condition report and you can claim your money back if it's misrepresented or breaks down within 48hrs. They generally have a full service history and are in decent nick. Youre not getting any more than that out of a dealer if buying a used car.

Last year I'd a 59 plate 143 S which had a winter pack, and I'd remapped to 181bhp/288lb/ft and 93,000 miles full service history and new springs/shocks/tyres all round. I'd had this since Feb 2011, I sold this in May 16 to replace with the other Exeo. There was no interest whatsoever at £4,000, or when reduced to £3,500 so sold it my brother in law for 3 grand.

danjwilko

Sep 1, 2016
Fair cop I forgot about the old webuyanycar purchase, in that case il eat my words lol ignore my previous post .

unfortunately over here the Exeo wasn't advertised well at all since most were Spain/France etc I've been up and down the country since I got mine and I've seen 3 one in Skegness a black one and one down Cirencester in grey and a silver one on the motorway. For the money they are great but little known about.

If you ever say "Ive got a Seat Exeo" the response is normally-what? What is one of them , oh it looks like an Audi A4.

Wow damn no interest that's nuts considering the a4s at more than double sometimes triple for the same year are going very quick - I looked at a few before I got the Exeo and most were sold within a week or 2 of being listed.

Last edited:

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Yep great cars and great value compared to other cars on the market. But don't overpay as you'll sadly never get your money back, well you never really get your money back with cars however with the Exeo the depreciation curve is probably harsher than most due to the lack of interest.

Mines likely to be keeper until it goes no more, can't find anything decent to replace it with without spending £15k on top of it's "trade value" of £8.5k. I think that says something about the quality of the vehicle. I paid £16k for it when it was 6 months old / 3k on the odo. Oh well, it does its job well and I think I would miss it if I sold it - it's just good at everything I need it for (except rear leg room haha).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise