Number plate LED's help! Canbus?

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
Recently bought some number plate leds as one of the standard bulbs went pop so decided to replace them with something better looking

Anyway I installed them, they are a like for like replacement fit of the normal bulbs so like any other bulb swap.

They come on with the ignition if lights are on but after a minute or so start flashing and then die off, is this a canbus issue with the leds? I spoke to the person I bought them off and hey are convinced it's an alternator problem which I strongly don't believe!

If anyone else has installed any which work properly could you send me the link to the ones you bought!
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
Recently bought some number plate leds as one of the standard bulbs went pop so decided to replace them with something better looking

Anyway I installed them, they are a like for like replacement fit of the normal bulbs so like any other bulb swap.

They come on with the ignition if lights are on but after a minute or so start flashing and then die off, is this a canbus issue with the leds? I spoke to the person I bought them off and hey are convinced it's an alternator problem which I strongly don't believe!

If anyone else has installed any which work properly could you send me the link to the ones you bought!
Thanks

Sounds to me like a CANBUS problem you've got there mate. I have not installed LEDs as they are too much hassle Id just use nightbreaker w5ws.

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
I had canbus LEDs in mine with no issues, if they are not canbus I would get some, otherwise they are faulty I reckon

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
I had canbus LEDs in mine with no issues, if they are not canbus I would get some, otherwise they are faulty I reckon

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Could you show me which ones you had if possible?? Don't think mine are canbus :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.