Anybody good with clutches?

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
So I've got a 1.2 ibiza. 15 months ago I had to have a reconditioned gearbox and new clutch fitted. Car worked fine until two weeks ago. I brought it back to get looked at and they said the gearbox mount had broken and they replaced it. After collecting the car today, I'm getting all sorts of noises out of it. It's noisy on idle and even louder when the clutch is disengaged. Grinding kind of noise. I was thinking release bearing but surely that would have been replaced when the clutch was done 15 months ago (18,000 miles ago). I'm going to have to bring it back again but does anyone have any idea what it could be? I'm also getting a lot of vibration from the clutch pedal as I push it down.

Thanks

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
The release bearing should have been done, but thats no guarantee the release bearing was actually done.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
To conclude, the release bearing was w@nked. I can honestly say it wasn't anything to do with my driving. So not sure what happened there. I have the old clutch so will be taking it back for an explanation.

In other news, the car is making a low rumble when on idle, goes away when I press down the clutch. Strange thing I noticed this morning, the noise is quieter when the lights are off! Alternator issue?

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Maybe, or a bearing in one of the rollers on the aux belt?
Does the belt drive anything else like AC??

Last edited: