Ibiza FR headlight help

Cjay2300

Aug 22, 2016
Scotland
Hi everyone, im looking to replace my headlights in my new FR 2015 and need help with what bulbs I need and how much of them I will need. I understand its H7 for the headlights and W5W for sidelights but do I need bulbs for main beam lights or what?

Ps this is my first car explaining why I know nothing

Im either looking to get OSRAM Cool Blue or OSRAM Nighbreakers Unlimited but are these only for the headlights or for sidelights also? and so I get 2 packets for the headlights and the main beam light as im very confused, much help explaining what bulbs go where and how much I will need as when I look into my sidelight theres 2 bulbs inside and I know one of them is for main beam. SO much help would be much appreciated.

Thankyou very much, Conrad!

Last edited:

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
Have a read of this, it will help Thread

I think you have the twin headlamps (main and dipped beam are separate), which should be 2 H7 and 2 W5W PER headlight.

As me and Cjay have the facelift with twin headlamps does that mean we need 2 h7s for the dipped beam and 2 h7s for the main beam, and another 4 w5w's for the sidelights as they have inner and outer pair, does anyone know if this is correct? Do I need 4 of each or more? Or less? Any help would be great thanks, as I have looked at that forum and that is what I gathered but may have misinterpreted. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
As me and Cjay have the facelift with twin headlamps does that mean we need 2 h7s for the dipped beam and 2 h7s for the main beam, and another 4 w5w's for the sidelights as they have inner and outer pair, does anyone know if this is correct? Do I need 4 of each or more? Or less? Any help would be great thanks, as I have looked at that forum and that is what I gathered but may have misinterpreted. Thanks

You will need 4 H7 bulbs, 2 for main and 2 for dipped.
You will need 4 W5W bulbs, 2 for each side (inner and outer)

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
You will need 4 H7 bulbs, 2 for main and 2 for dipped.

You will need 4 W5W bulbs, 2 for each side (inner and outer)

Thanks mate, thought that's what it was but wanted to make sure before doing an order, thank you very much for your help!

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
No worries, same problem when I ordered my bulbs, currently Ultra 501 W5W Bulbs (avoid canbus error) dipped Ultra H7 and main Philips +130% for vision

What are the ultras? Is that the brand you use? I'm getting osram intense blue bulbs for sidelights and dipped lights then main im getting the osram night breakers or maybe just cool blue, can't decide

Cjay2300

Aug 22, 2016
Scotland
But if i get different types of bulbs eg Nighbreaker Headlights then intense blue for sidelights, wont it be quite different or is this quite normal?

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
But if i get different types of bulbs eg Nighbreaker Headlights then intense blue for sidelights, wont it be quite different or is this quite normal?

Will what be different? They lamps look really good if you are struggling with LEDs I would recommend some of these

Cjay2300

Aug 22, 2016
Scotland
What should I get for my H7 Bulbs and my W5W bulbs ??

Does the H7 bulbs need to all be the same if I want it to look good and can just get different Sidelight bulbs ?
Say if I wanted OSRAM nightbreakers for my H7 bulbs and cool blue for sidelights , would that look okay or what would be best ?

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
What should I get for my H7 Bulbs and my W5W bulbs ??

Does the H7 bulbs need to all be the same if I want it to look good and can just get different Sidelight bulbs ?
Say if I wanted OSRAM nightbreakers for my H7 bulbs and cool blue for sidelights , would that look okay or what would be best ?

I haven't mixed and matched with mine, I've ordered all cool blue however I'm sure it will look fine I doubt there will be a huge difference if I'm honest, I just prefer the cool blue as im going for more a blue colour rather than insane brightness but it's your personal preference, im sure whatever you do will look sweet though mate!

Cjay2300

Aug 22, 2016
Scotland
I see ok thanks and would you be able to help me with my headlights as I am confused where the H7 bulb goes and the W5W bulb goes and how much will I need per Headlight , here's pictures of my headlight for reference

CbZuojAH.jpeg

o9HIPZFS.jpeg

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
I see ok thanks and would you be able to help me with my headlights as I am confused where the H7 bulb goes and the W5W bulb goes and how much will I need per Headlight , here's pictures of my headlight for reference

CbZuojAH.jpeg

o9HIPZFS.jpeg

Here is a great guide for you mate. Has how to guides and step by step. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280222

Also you will need 4 h7s for headlights and 4 W5Ws for sidelights. Amazon is cheapest I've found.

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
They are just a brand of bulb, mostly on ebay, pretty cheap

Link

Hi propane94, don't suppose you've changed your rear lights an can reccomend some and reverse bulb for me? Want a brighter red and reverse, not necessarily LED just a bright bulb, thanks

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
Hi propane94, don't suppose you've changed your rear lights an can reccomend some and reverse bulb for me? Want a brighter red and reverse, not necessarily LED just a bright bulb, thanks

I have done the reverse lights and have these Bulbs The bulbs are different for 3 and 5 door cars so get the right bulbs, but should give you an idea.

Haven't done the reds, does yours have the LED brake lights??, if not, those are definitely canbus and you will require the correct bulbs to change them.

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
No I don't have the LED ones just the standard ones, I'll have a look on the link see what I can come up with, thanks mate

Cjay2300

Aug 22, 2016
Scotland
Are you sure I need 4 H7 and 4 W5W as look at the pics, there are only 3 bulbs to replace in it. the bulb with the cover over it, the other 2 in the inside if im correct?

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
Are you sure I need 4 H7 and 4 W5W as look at the pics, there are only 3 bulbs to replace in it. the bulb with the cover over it, the other 2 in the inside if im correct?

Well the you might possibly only have single headlamps, I have twin headlamps so need 4 H7s. I can't really tell from the photos, take ones of the whole light from a bit further back and I can have another look? But if you're saying there's only 3 bulbs then you have single headlamps and won't need as many bulbs as me, you'd only need the 2 h7s

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.