Looking for a used mk3 Leon fr 1.8tsi with the sports kit

Chrisc1995

Jan 19, 2017
Norfolk
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to look for a used mk3 Leon fr 1.8tsi with the sports kit on in the U.K! Moving over from a mk6 golf r (mrs is pregnant and doesn't want the kid driving around in a car like that). Obviously the power is nowhere near the same, but I'm still after some sporty looks!

I'm just wondering how rare these cars are? And is it worth waiting to find one? Also if anyone knows anyone knows someone selling one that would be handy haha

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to look for a used mk3 Leon fr 1.8tsi with the sports kit on in the U.K! Moving over from a mk6 golf r (mrs is pregnant and doesn't want the kid driving around in a car like that). Obviously the power is nowhere near the same, but I'm still after some sporty looks!

I'm just wondering how rare these cars are? And is it worth waiting to find one? Also if anyone knows anyone knows someone selling one that would be handy haha

The sports kit isn't that rare but the 1.8 is reasonably rare so it may take some time to find one with everything you want. To be honest you would be better off getting a standard one and fitting the spoiler and side skirts which is easy enough and shouldn't cost the earth, I know alot like the sports rear bumper with the dual exhaust but I think it's overkill on a FR and in my opinion it really does look like it was taken out of the focus ST parts bin in 2006 lol a decent after market exhaust will sit nicely and will sound better, good luck they are good cars

Last edited:

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland
You can fit an aftermarket diffuser, get a custom exhaust made. SG Petch has an accessory page with prices of the kit that you want. I know what you mean as regards sporty i quite like the car with the kit fitted and the 1.8 maybe with a tuning box and a map will have good performance.....or keep the "R" boohoo!

Last edited:

Chrisc1995

Jan 19, 2017
Norfolk
The sports kit isn't that rare but the 1.8 is reasonably rare so it may take some time to find one with everything you want. To be honest you would be better off getting a standard one and fitting the spoiler and side skirts which is easy enough and shouldn't cost the earth, I know alot like the sports rear bumper with the dual exhaust but I think it's overkill on a FR and in my opinion it really does look like it was taken out of the focus ST parts bin in 2006 lol a decent after market exhaust will sit nicely and will sound better, good luck they are good cars

I know what you mean, I can't find a decent 1.8 with decent alloys!

Chrisc1995

Jan 19, 2017
Norfolk
You can fit an aftermarket diffuser, get a custom exhaust made. SG Petch has an accessory page with prices of the kit that you want. I know what you mean as regards sporty i quite like the car with the kit fitted and the 1.8 maybe with a tuning box and a map will have good performance.....or keep the "R" boohoo!

Thanks for the info! Ideally I'd hope to by the car with it fitted already! But I know there's almost 0 chance of that happening. The "R" has already gone unfortunately.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise