Leon SC baby seat in the back?

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Has anyone used their SC to fit a baby seat in the back? How difficult is it? Is it a major pain in the ass or it's OK? Should I consider replacing my car with a more practical one or I can keep it? Advices would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Sounds like you need a 5 door Cupra. It's the only answer.

On a serious note... Obviously the car is easily big enough for one so it's more than practical enough. I could see it becoming tedious to keep reaching back there though multiple times a day... and let's be honest if you were buying a car now you'd definitely get a 5 door.

I was no help at all. But Cupra...

moriarty

Apr 6, 2015
Edinburgh
We test drove a SC as the dealership only had a 3 door 1.4 ACT. It was a pain getting our daughters car seat into the back, had to go diagonally from driver door to opposite rear side so suggest it wouldn't be great if you need to take the seat out regularly.
Our daughter also threw up on the test drive, we think that the 3 door might have had a higher window line so she couldn't see out very well at just about 3 yrs old. After 2 years she has been fine in the 5 door (touch wood). Of course she may just have been unwell that day.
I'd say for kids who need help into a seat get a 5 door but sure you would learn to live with a 3 door.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I switched from the SC to the 5 door a few months after we found out we were expecting. After two weeks of having the baby in our lives, I know I made the right decision! As a tall guy, I knew that I would end with lots of bashed heads on the roof when loading and uploading! Would have liked an St, but there weren't any available in my preferred spec.

Last edited:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
If child is sleeping in the car seat, getting them in and out a 3dr would be harder. It’s hard enough with a 5 door and isofix to keep baby sleeping sometimes.
In the event of an accident or emergency. It’s easier to get out a 5 door.
The have their own window for fresh air in the 5 door.
I think with a baby in a rear facing car seat it would be awkward. Once in forward facing it might be easier.
Guy I know with a 3dr car says he’s nice and dry while strapping his kid in, as he can climb right in the car and do the straps front on. With a 5dr your standing in the rain doing it side on.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
I have 3yr old twins and an sc. Now big issue as you just half get in to strap them in. Getting them out I just lean round and unclipped the belts. By the time I've got outo and pushed the seat forward they're already teying to climb out.

Most of the time we do take the wife's car but the girls love the cupras acceleration. I get either go faster or wheeeeee from the back

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I have 3yr old twins and an sc. Now big issue as you just half get in to strap them in. Getting them out I just lean round and unclipped the belts. By the time I've got outo and pushed the seat forward they're already teying to climb out.

Most of the time we do take the wife's car but the girls love the cupras acceleration. I get either go faster or wheeeeee from the back

My two grandkids love the going quick too, think we Cupra owners will be responsible for the next generation of petrol heads. Long live the hot hatch.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.