Urgent help/advice rear bumper crash

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
To cut a long story short, I couldn't see out of my rear window in the dark and assumed it would be okay to carry on reversing. Little did I know there was a little brick wall on the way, so this ruined my day and did this to my car. Any ideas on best way to sort this out? Am I better off finding a new bumper or is there a way to sort this out? Any ideas you have would be appreciated, thanks
09698d955da0088955929c59398bf610.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
sorry to say dude it looks like the gravel rash off the brick/stone has gone through the paint :( you could try polishing it but do be careful you dont catch the edge of the paint causing it to flake and making it worse... could try contacting a smart repairer locally and they might be able to help you though

Jakepearce97

Dec 12, 2016
sorry to say dude it looks like the gravel rash off the brick/stone has gone through the paint :( you could try polishing it but do be careful you dont catch the edge of the paint causing it to flake and making it worse... could try contacting a smart repairer locally and they might be able to help you though

Yeah I didn't know whether to try and paint over it to try and make it more subtle? Might have to look at buying a new bumper and had a couple quotes to repair and it's going to cost a lot

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Yeah I didn't know whether to try and paint over it to try and make it more subtle? Might have to look at buying a new bumper and had a couple quotes to repair and it's going to cost a lot

ye maybe a chip stick might take the edge of it, then wet sand it back and polish it back up ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.