1.4 TSI ACT - Service Notification?

paulov

May 16, 2016
Derby
I have just completed 8400 miles in Lean FR 1.4 TSI ACT with DSG and when I filled up with Petrol this morning I saw a message 'Oil Service required in 1000 miles', which is well short of the 10000 service interval. I have checked the oil level and there is no issue there, has anyone else experienced this?

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I have just completed 8400 miles in Lean FR 1.4 TSI ACT with DSG and when I filled up with Petrol this morning I saw a message 'Oil Service required in 1000 miles', which is well short of the 10000 service interval. I have checked the oil level and there is no issue there, has anyone else experienced this?

Seems to come up at 9400 miles and then says 0 miles/ 0 days left ( depending what service schedulethe car is setl too)
So that would be right, it's probably to give people time to book it in and not run to far over 1×××x miles that may cause you warranty issues in the future

That's my take on it anyway, should add I don't have the 1.4 though

Last edited:

paulov

May 16, 2016
Derby
I have had the car 8 months only, but will keep an eye on the messages and have to book it in at 9400 if it says that is required, but it does worry me that the next service would be at 18800 if this is repeated, which is well short of 20k!

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I have had the car 8 months only, but will keep an eye on the messages and have to book it in at 9400 if it says that is required, but it does worry me that the next service would be at 18800 if this is repeated, which is well short of 20k!

But you don't have to have it done dead on 9400, you can have it done at 10k +
I think there Is something in the service book about how far over before it may effect your warranty if you ever had an engine related issue

Last edited:

Looie

Apr 26, 2016
Harlow, Essex
I had a similar thing come up on mine at the end of Nov, but I had only had the car since April and done 5½k from new (was a pre-registered car with 98 miles on the clock) so was a tad surprised to say the least.........

The dealer thought it was strange as well, but we 'think' it happened because the build date of the car was 'around' the previous Xmas and our guess is that the service interval was set at the factory at 10k/12 months then, which would make it right to pop up a warning on the dash 11 months later......

Even though I'd only had the car for 7 months and 5½k, I just decided to get it serviced and then they reset the service counter to 10k/12 months so at least I know what's going on and shouldn't get this occurring again ! - Thought about the 'flexible plan', but that doesn't float my boat so stuck with 'fixed servicing'...

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
I've had mine since September 2015 and I'm currently on 16k miles (not needed a service yet). The computer on my car says inspection in 3000 miles or 150 days and oil change service on 1800 miles or 150 days

I take it that I've got to go in to the dealer in 1800 miles for a service? I'm confused between the inspection and oil change - what do I need to get?

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
You'll need an inspection service if your on variable its 2 years or 18k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
There's 2 ways to set the car up fixed distance or time which is 10k miles / 1 year or variable which is 20k miles/ 2 years, every 20k is a major service so will be inspection then the 10k intervals in between are minor so are oil change service

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
There's 2 ways to set the car up fixed distance or time which is 10k miles / 1 year or variable which is 20k miles/ 2 years, every 20k is a major service so will be inspection then the 10k intervals in between are minor so are oil change service

Ok cool, but I have an inspection and an oil change due 3000 miles apart according to the car. I take it I only get the inspection done? It'll be it's first time back to the garage since new. 18 months and circa 18k miles will be on the clock

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
Pretty sure my manual says 2 years, as does the seat website, just the service list doesn't have it stamped as done during it's major service (2nd service has been done already) thinking about 3rd service and whether I've been stiffed or should just fork out £50 for a brake fluid change along with the oil change service...?

Edit: I see the online booking info now mentions for Seat the first change is the 3rd year.

Last edited: