2017 Leon!!!

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
Thanks. I'll get on to the leasing company. What spec are you going for? I've ordered the panoramic roof for mine and I know from history they sometimes build the sunroof models all at once.

I've just gone for the base spec FR as it's a lease deal and I wanted to keep it as cheap as possible. Only option is the metallic which was free.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Oh right. Ordering a standard one is bound to shorten the build time. I've chased it up with him again. I last asked him for an update two weeks ago so I don't think I'm mithering him too much. :)

Last edited:

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
Oh right. Ordering a standard one is bound to shorten the build time. I've chased it up with him again. I last asked him for an update two weeks ago so I don't think I'm mithering him too much. :)

Do you know who the supplying dealer is? Better speaking to them rather than the leasing company.

Ask the lease company who the supplying dealer is, I'm not sure they'll be happy to give this information out, but if you've paid them there admin fee then I can't see any harm. I'd be wanting an estimate at least in your situation.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Maybe if I don't hear anything by next week I will do that. My previous company car (mk7 golf estate) has gone back now so until it arrives I am driving a pool car in the form of a honda civic tourer and even though it is built in Britain it was obviously designed for someone of average Japanese height and shoe size as I don't fit in it properly.

This ordering process has gotten very protracted for me as I'd originally ordered a 2016MY car in September but by the time everybody was happy and everything was signed SEAT had stopped building them. :censored: I was very disappointed to find they'd discontinued alor blue and the 18" wheels I wanted as well. So yeah the sooner something turns up the sooner I'll stop complaining about it. :help:

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
I've just gone for the base spec FR as it's a lease deal and I wanted to keep it as cheap as possible. Only option is the metallic which was free.

What engine did you go for and what lease deal did you end up with?

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
What engine did you go for and what lease deal did you end up with?

Hi, it's the eco tsi 1.4 150ps engine, FR spec, Estate with DSG.

Lease is 6+23 @ £187.20 10k mileage (5ppm excess) no admin fee

Works out at £5428.80 or £226.20 per month over the term which is cheaper than the best deal I could find on CH&L at the time.

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Hi, it's the eco tsi 1.4 150ps engine, FR spec, Estate with DSG.

Lease is 6+23 @ £187.20 10k mileage (5ppm excess) no admin fee

Works out at £5428.80 or £226.20 per month over the term which is cheaper than the best deal I could find on CH&L at the time.

Whos that with if you don't mind me asking? Seems pretty decent with DSG.

My best quotes are working out at £6k over the 2 years (£250 per month over term), but that's with 2k worth of options (inc the metallic paint). That's not DSG though and the 5 door. I know options are a bad deal usually on PCH but its a cheaper car overall than we were considering.

Last edited:

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
Whos that with if you don't mind me asking? Seems pretty decent with DSG.

My best quotes are working out at £6k over the 2 years (£250 per month over term), but that's with 2k worth of options (inc the metallic paint). That's not DSG though and the 5 door. I know options are a bad deal usually on PCH but its a cheaper car overall than we were considering.

Yes of course, basically got a quote from My vehicle source (can't post links yet) for £189.31 per month.

Then took it to my local SEAT dealer (Blackpool) and asked them to beat it, which they did by a small margin plus no admin fee.

Last edited:

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Yes of course, basically got a quote from My vehicle source (can't post links yet) for £189.31 per month.

Then took it to my local SEAT dealer (Blackpool) and asked them to beat it, which they did by a small margin plus no admin fee.

Thanks - have fired them an email.

To be fair the best quote I have is from a dealer and they have been great. Judging by your quote, there may be room to squeeze a bit more (only talking a couple of hundred over the term) out of my deal, but its difficult to know with the options I have added. And sometimes, its worth paying a bit more for the better service.

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
Thanks - have fired them an email.

To be fair the best quote I have is from a dealer and they have been great. Judging by your quote, there may be room to squeeze a bit more (only talking a couple of hundred over the term) out of my deal, but its difficult to know with the options I have added. And sometimes, its worth paying a bit more for the better service.

Good luck!

The differences seem to be hundreds rather than thousands. Most of the other lease companies were around the £198 mark on the same deal, so that taken into account with the admin saving (£300 from MVS) work out around £600 over the term.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I am driving a pool car in the form of a honda civic tourer and even though it is built in Britain it was obviously designed for someone of average Japanese height and shoe size as I don't fit in it properly.

Likewise whenever I drive a Jap car, an hours drive and I get out with back ache, that said, I've never spent an hour or more in a Honda due to their v-tec reliable engines just don't like me and just break & stop well before I'v been in them an hour.

My mk2 Leon I purchased for comfort, of which I can spend hours (11) in without problems, and so I'm struggling to change it just in case..

Last edited:

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Good luck!

The differences seem to be hundreds rather than thousands. Most of the other lease companies were around the £198 mark on the same deal, so that taken into account with the admin saving (£300 from MVS) work out around £600 over the term.

I had stopped trying to get a better deal, but I can't resist!

If you take away the metallic paint, which as you know is free with all the PCH deals, I am thinking I am getting about £1500 of options and paying about £550 over the term, so an extra £22 a month extra on top of the best deals I was offered. Obviously it would be a good saving not to have these, but why not! I know a lot of lease quotes I have had for other cars had split the total cost of the options across the term.

Do you have any idea if the car is supposed to come with an alarm as standard?

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Just heard my build date is week 9 - w/c Feb 27th. So they think it'll be ready 8 weeks from now, so towards the end of April!

I finally have a build date!!!

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
Just heard my build date is week 9 - w/c Feb 27th. So they think it'll be ready 8 weeks from now, so towards the end of April!

I finally have a build date!!!

Sorted :thumbup:

Have any dealers demo cars arrived yet? I wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh, I know they're not much different to last years model but even so. I want to see the mystery blue too.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
My order has been accepted by the factory but haven't had a build week yet.

How long does that normally take?

B181

Nov 5, 2016
I am yet to be given my build week but my estimate of 10 weeks delivery has suddenly become 16 weeks, allegedly due to my chosen spec.

I don't have too many issues with either date as I faffed around with the configurators for weeks, thereby missing my own target of Apr 01. I am only to glad to lock myself into an order as my sad indecision was starting to keep me awake at nights.

Benjyshwa

Jan 14, 2017
The new tax is only applicable to cars registered on or after April the 1st, does anyone know when a new car can be registered? As in can it be registered to you before you take delivery?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.