Draft coming across drivers cab. 66 plate FR

Walker-93

Jan 8, 2015
West yorkshire
Hi all, as the title suggests I'm getting a strange draft across the front seats. It's whenever I go round any corner I get a cold draft running across the front of the seats and across the gearstick ( I tend to rest my hand on the gearstick).

Has anyone had this problem and/or know of a way of fixing it before taking it to the dealers. (Don't exactly have a lot of faith in the dealers haha)

Cheers in advance!:)

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funny you said this I get the same thing and I also had the same thing in my previous car (Audi A1). Personally Iv put it down to the air intake and when going round a corner it sucks the air in from a different angel that doesn't go across the radiator something along those line's.

I'm probably completely wrong as I don't know how the heating system works but that's my theory.

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Have the same thing in mine, even with the heating on get a big cold draft near the gearstick.

Where does it even come from?

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Yes this is normal on all vag cars, had it in my Golf as well. There was a reason on the VWAUDI forum but cannot for the life of me remembe.blink:

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members