pd100 AXR upgrade advice

corndog

Nov 14, 2014
Hey folks

Looking for more power (among other things)
I've currently got a PD100 AXR Ibiza 6L with a remap and 90000 on the clock (57plate). Quite happy but i want more power

I guess i have three rough options

Get PD130 injectors and a larger turbo of some description (plus supporting mods)

Buy a ARL or BLT engine and turbo to put in. (plus supporting mods)

Buy a pd130 ibiza fabia etc as a whole car​

I have read that the PD100s (or just AXR) are not made quite as strong as the PD130 and that the compression ratio is different. I've also read elsewhere that they are the same. Anyone know?

Even if they are different is the AXR able to handle 170-230ish BHP without limiting torque too much?

I would hope to keep the 5 speed box as i've read it is stronger and wont chatter with a SMF
Can PD130s be run with the 5 speed box?

I'm looking to do this somewhat in increments but i want to buy each part once and not have to replace.

Thanks for any advice!

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Two of my friends have been pushing around 200bhp out of their pd100 for a couple of years now, pd130 Injectors and a 1749vb will get you there. With 320ish lbft of torque to boot aswell.

corndog

Nov 14, 2014
Seen both the 1749vb and injectors for decent prices on ebay so sounds good.
You reckon they're reliable at that power? any idea if your friends have done the clutch?

Thanks Gaz

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
One of the guys recently upgraded to a gtb2260 so is running around 240 these days, but as for the other one, still 1749vb and going strong, yes the clutch has been upgraded on the guy still running the 1749 (g60 fly, vr6 friction plate and transporter t5 pressure plate) the guy with the 2260 has slipping clutch issues and needs to upgrade. Also, don't forget to front mount

Last edited:

corndog

Nov 14, 2014
That may well be the best thing for me to do then! I'd like to go crazy with it but obviously costs get ridiculous. Hopefully an LSD in the future though. Thank :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members