Abs system fault saga please help

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
Sorry to bump thread

Anyone got a picture of the sensor / plugin what needs cleaning and where abouts is it located.

I've got mine booked in with SEAT next Wednesday, if I could fix it myself would save me the £90 to scan the car

Cheers :)

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I am currently dealing with this again also. Its behind the brake disc and is just screwed in and can be pulled out. Or take the disc off and look at the sensor of the hub and its condition

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
I am currently dealing with this again also. Its behind the brake disc and is just screwed in and can be pulled out. Or take the disc off and look at the sensor of the hub and its condition

Do you have to take the brake disc off mate? I'm useless lol

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
If the rear then id say yes more convenient to do so. If fronts, then turn the wheel and go to the back of the hub. Easy half hour to an hour job. I will be doing my rear wheel again next week to either clean it or change

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
If the rear then id say yes more convenient to do so. If fronts, then turn the wheel and go to the back of the hub. Easy half hour to an hour job. I will be doing my rear wheel again next week to either clean it or change

I'm sure the problem is at the front because the steering wheel fault clears sometimes when I wobble the steering wheel

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Try and ask in the vagcom section on the forum or see if theres a smaller garage local to see if they can help but if you have the yellow steering wheel light on the dash, your issue maybe greater than just an abs sensor

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
Try and ask in the vagcom section on the forum or see if theres a smaller garage local to see if they can help but if you have the yellow steering wheel light on the dash, your issue maybe greater than just an abs sensor

Cheers bud I'll ask about

Jan 30, 2022
Sorry to drag this back up again guys did OP ever get this issue resolved as I have the exact same problems . Flashing handbrake light, power steering red light and extremely heavy , abs light , tc light . Just got it back from garage today and he's saying vag com won't scan the car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.