Sweeping Indicators

RandomlySet

Jan 16, 2017
I have a 65 Leon, and was wondering if you could have sweeping indicators like the Audis?

TBH, the car is going back in September (it's a lease vehicle), but will no doubt replace with another Leon anyway.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I don't know what mean 65 Leon, it is your UK specialty how to count your car age, but for rear sweeping turn light light, you need new rear LED lights from MY2017 and some adjustment via VCDS.
It is possible, but I think it is too costly. One light = ca. 150 Eur, you have 4 of them = 600 Eur.

Here a pic of a car with changed already.
http://moje.auto.cz/?sekce=foto&im_id=im_58973aa4aacbb&ga_id=GA_558579cf44472
http://moje.auto.cz/?sekce=foto&im_id=im_58973aa4e7d54&ga_id=GA_558579cf44472

For 600 eur wait until 09/2017 and then change to new Leon.

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Yeah pre-facelift is for sure a new light. I've read up on it a bit on other forums.

Guess we wait for the facelifts potential once the code is interrogated.

Last edited:

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
I don't know what mean 65 Leon, it is your UK specialty how to count your car age, but for rear sweeping turn light light, you need new rear LED lights from MY2017 and some adjustment via VCDS..

Hi,
maybe you have a link on those mods for vcds, ordered my2017 fr and would like to have that sweeping indicators.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I think VCDS is needed for setting it for pre-facelifted model.

I am convinced MY2017 has sweeping turning indicators as a stock...in case you have model with LED rear lights which FR has. No need to adjust anything. Or am I wrong?

Last edited:

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
I think VCDS is needed for setting it for pre-facelifted model.

I am convinced MY2017 has sweeping turning indicators as a stock...in case you have model with LED rear lights which FR has. No need to adjust anything. Or am I wrong?

Pretty sure it's not a feature.of the LED lights. Not sure if it can be modified so it does, but doubt it?

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
I'd hope not, the dynamic indicators on Audis looks terrible. The whole point of LEDs is that they provide bright, instant light, the dynamic indicators are much harder to spot as a result.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Sorry, correct, it is not a stock feature. I thought I saw it somewhere...
This is how it looks stock (rear lights starts on 20s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d83P6VwOjY

So then I am also not so sure if it is possible to code it.
It looks like different led, not sweepable.
Like front ones, like "one tube" light, not several leds in a row.

Coding is needed if you want to replace your old rear lights to this MY2017 lights.

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Indicators on an audi....most underused thing on a car.....

Have you not noticed how those Audis with Sweeping Indicators use them loads? They look cool so use them to show off. Great way for Audi to make their drivers better in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
I wanted them, but they're 1,400 euros +shipping.
I ended up doing some coding in VCDS and calling it a day :p

Price works out around £1260 including shipping to the UK, the lights have modules adding + coding. It's a difficult one really, as all of the new VAG taillights with sweeping indicators are expensive generally.

I really want it though, that's all I know :rofl:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members