body mods

Oli3108

Mar 11, 2016
Aup lads

I'm thinking of smoothing the doors and bumpers on my mk4
Any 1 got any advice

I'm thinking of filling the small recess behind with fiberglass or filler (not sure about all filler as it may crack)

Then a final fine fill be for paint

I was also thinking about remodelling my pre face-lift bumper by basically filling the existing lower grill number plate recess and fog lights with foam and fiberglassing the lot to give a smoothed look with a grill a little like the fr bumper

What do you all think
Any input should be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
Hey mate,

I like the smoothed door look but be careful of too much filler as the doors are always being opened and closed so cracking as you have said will become clear sooner rather than later, we had this problem on my mates FR, after a few weeks of using the car he had cracks appearing where he had used too much filler, could you not get someone to weld small plates to close the holes then use skimming filler to smooth it over? then you would have a stronger structure to hold it all in place?

Oli3108

Mar 11, 2016
Hey mate,

I like the smoothed door look but be careful of too much filler as the doors are always being opened and closed so cracking as you have said will become clear sooner rather than later, we had this problem on my mates FR, after a few weeks of using the car he had cracks appearing where he had used too much filler, could you not get someone to weld small plates to close the holes then use skimming filler to smooth it over? then you would have a stronger structure to hold it all in place?

I was wondering about that to be honest
Don't suppose you have any pics??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.