Dom's Mk2 Leon Supercopa

dom_allgood

Jan 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

I've been a VW owner for the last few years and have recently jumped ship to Seat.

The 'obsession' began with a MK3 Gti which I loved:

IMAG0355.jpg

Followed by a 1.8t Mk4 which I spent too much money on:

DSC_0708_zps9eecd501.jpg

IMG_20140802_094826_zpsd0qj36ms.jpg

Then my Mk5 Gti which I am gutted to be selling:

But unfortunately a 320 mile a week commute and a new baby mean that the MK5 is no longer practical, which leads me on to this:

IMG_84691_zpsdlllo6ho.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

62 plate FR Supercopa so its got quite a nice spec list.

I immediately installed LED number plate and interior bulbs:

Drove it to work...

Makes a nice change to 28mpg, wasn't half as fun though.

Finally these arrived today:

I've missed a few other parcels this week which contain little bits and pieces. Other plans:

- New mats (ordered)
- Mk6 golf chrome tipped switches (ordered)
- Triple R Composites splitter (ordered)
- BC racing coilovers (ordered)
- Remap (booked)
- Team Heko wind deflectors
- Carbon mirrors
- Spacers

That's all for now.

CraigJG

Jan 23, 2017
Beautiful, i'm picking up pretty much the exact same car next saturday, cant wait.

dom_allgood

Jan 17, 2017
Cheers, the Mk5 went today...I'm pretty gutted tbh :cry:

The Triple R splitter and window switches have arrived, no idea when I'll have a chance to fit them though, hopefully I'll get a chance sometime this week.

I'm also on the lookout for an armrest, I can't believe that it didn't come with one from the factory. The plastic door cards are annoying me a little, they become really uncomfortable after a while of resting your elbow on them, if I can find a set of leather ones I'll probably buy them as well.

dom_allgood

Jan 17, 2017
Not a massive update, but one nonetheless.

The TRC splitter arrived:

Along with a set of Passat window switches:

I had the alignment done:

Fitted a short front plate like I had fitted on the Mk5, not 100% sure about it at the moment but I think it will look better with a different grill and the TRC splitter.

I love the LED rear lights:

Fitted LED running lights/side lights:

The headlight lenses are crying out to be wet sanded:

Got the Gti pedals fitted:

Some new discs/pads arrived for the fronts, I went for Mtec discs with mintex pads. The car isn't going to be driven really hard so they will be more than adequate:

Faze

Jan 7, 2017
South Wales
Lovely collection you have there - my favourite being the black mk4!

The skoda in the one of the mk4 pics looks pretty cool too!

Plans for your new pick up sound interesting! Looking forward to seeing the project take shape!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks nice, I've got the + in candy white on h&r's - these sit great on lowering springs.

Noticed your alloys aren't the original supercopa ones - shame.

Pedals look good, are they oe genuine vw ones?

naveedleonfr

Jun 26, 2016
thats a nice leon you have there pal, just wanted to ask why youv got the passat window switches, are they different in any way?

dom_allgood

Jan 17, 2017
Lovely collection you have there - my favourite being the black mk4!

The skoda in the one of the mk4 pics looks pretty cool too!

Plans for your new pick up sound interesting! Looking forward to seeing the project take shape!

Cheers, at the time the Skoda belonged to Matt @ OnlyChargedDubs, we drove over to Holland for MIVW a few years ago.

Looks nice, I've got the + in candy white on h&r's - these sit great on lowering springs.

Noticed your alloys aren't the original supercopa ones - shame.

Pedals look good, are they oe genuine vw ones?

Yeah it's a shame about the wheels, the guy I bought it from was the second owner and thought the car came from the factory like it. I've read another RR where the car came from the factory with the ones that are on mine, no idea why.

They'll be changed anyway when funds allow, coilovers should be on within a couple of weeks.

Pedals are genuine, I bought them second hand from eBay, they came from a TT.

thats a nice leon you have there pal, just wanted to ask why youv got the passat window switches, are they different in any way?

They're chrome tipped, I've fitted them so I'll grab a picture later.

I do like those GTI pedals, where did you get them from?

Cheers, as above they were from eBay...any Mk5/6 Gti or Mk2 TT pedals will do the job. I'm going to get a matching footrest as well.

dom_allgood

Jan 17, 2017
Here are the chrome tipped switches on the drivers side:

Finally found a bit of time to spend giving it a clean up, I only had a few hour so it was a little rushed, process:

Snow foamed
Rinsed
Wheels cleaned
Entire car decontaminated
Washed using 2BM
Clayed
Washed
Single stage machine polish
Body waxed
Wheels/glass sealed

It will get a full detail when the weather is warmer.

I ran out of light to get proper pictures as well:

Car was covered in fallout:

Yesterday I cracked on with fitting the TRC splitter, I opted to remove the bumped because it was raining and I hate trying to wriggle around under the car in my garage. For the sake of 15 mins to remove the bumper it made my life easier:

The grill hasn't been refitted yet because I've been painting the surround/badge:

The colour is VW Diamond Pearl Black which I had left over from the MK4, it's a lot darker than it appears in those pictures:

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Looks really nice.. how easy was it to remove the grill? I want to do mine.

Also what sidelight LED bulbs you running and do you get any errors... I've done all the bulbs apart from the 501 sidelights.

carlosfilippsen

Nov 12, 2016
Lovely motor! Would also like to know which LED side light bulbs you are running? Just bought myself a 12 plate White FR+ yesterday so will keep an eye on your thread :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.