Boot Struts

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Any joy with these on the st? The ones that pop open?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

thedigitalage

Mar 21, 2013
Just fitted mine too. Really pleased with it. I assumed it would be A LOT harder to close, but it's just the last few inches, no big deal. Recommend :)

Renex

Nov 17, 2016
Moscow, Russia
Can anybody say, what force these struts have? How many N (newtons)? It should be printed somewhere on their body.

Last edited:

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
ordered these yesterday, but the missus flagged up a valid point when i mentioned them to her. what happens when you/someone goes to open the tailgate manually using the Seat logo? will the pressure cause it to fly up and whack them in the face?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
ordered these yesterday, but the missus flagged up a valid point when i mentioned them to her. what happens when you/someone goes to open the tailgate manually using the Seat logo? will the pressure cause it to fly up and whack them in the face?
I really hope so.... :rofl:

Deleted member 98136

Good point Mrs funkygibbon, They do tend to open with a bit of force, but you get used to it, nothing what you'd call excessive.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
There's 5 links :)

Ok had another look through and ordered them ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 98136

Exactly !

As long as they are Manufacturer Part Number: 017468 like you've ordered, then you should have no problems.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.