Mk5 cupra rear bumper'vents' removal

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
Anyone know how easy/hard it is to remove the rear bumper vents?
c81464458ecc8340985e928f9635f8bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VeeFource

Dec 5, 2014
Would have thought it would be more cost effective to see if anyone on here wants to swap their black FR bumper for it? Would imagine at least a few people would like it and see it as an upgrade.

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
Would have thought it would be more cost effective to see if anyone on here wants to swap their black FR bumper for it? Would imagine at least a few people would like it and see it as an upgrade.

Doesn't answer my question really haha just want to know how to take them out so I can get them hydro dipped

VeeFource

Dec 5, 2014
Oh i see what you mean. Sorry, I just shouldn't get out of bed on Monday's!

Would imagine it would be easy to see how it's attached if you remove the wheel arch liner

luisdeburnay

Jan 20, 2017
They would look v v nice hydro dipped, are you going for a carbon colour? Where are you thinking of getting them done? Also as to removing them, have you had a look at your rear bumper itself? With things like that it's probably easier to take your bumper off and flip it over to check how they are fitted as removing them you will have to do that anyway

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
They would look v v nice hydro dipped, are you going for a carbon colour? Where are you thinking of getting them done? Also as to removing them, have you had a look at your rear bumper itself? With things like that it's probably easier to take your bumper off and flip it over to check how they are fitted as removing them you will have to do that anyway

I have got them out and are being dipped as we speak, yes they are going carbon fibre styled. I was a bit rough with getting them out really, I could access the clips with the plastic diffuser removed but they were extremely tough, I ended up getting them as loose as I could and getting my long nose pliers into the edge and just pulled them out, I only broke 2 clips from each vent

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
2245fe33bbc9b1a8c414420ee5c16815.jpg

Brilliant work for prestige custom coatings in Blackburn, Lancashire! Really good job by them would highly recommend them if your in the area!

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
Dame mate :3rd:

Sorry for drilling on this, but can we have pics from far? like see all the car from behind?
thanks.

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
Car isn't the cleanest but got a rare glimpse of sunshine today so grabbed a quick pic! The picture doesn't do it any justice though unfortunately

df51793ccbfba1329992469b599a4539.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members