Wiper blades help

Superbund

Feb 15, 2017
Hello- I have a 2016 Leon and looking to purchase new super blades for the car front and rear the dealer has quoted £50 for the set which I think is steep. Can anyone recommend decent wiper blades. Looking at Bosch but it appears those are only 24 inch for drivers side but apparently I need a 26 inch for the drivers side. Help please ?

mk3frdave

Jul 31, 2015
Try Valeo blades - search for part number 577844 or VM844 for a boxed pair of 26" & 16"
£17.44 on ebay just now...

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
24" Bosch is close enough, no issues with forward vision when it's hammering it down.

Having said that, Valeo are an OEM supplier and are the preferred after-market blade for many BMW owners, usually a few pennies cheaper than Bosch as well.

Superbund

Feb 15, 2017
Cheers just ordered a valeo vm265 from eBay for 6.31 so that's a full set of Valero front and rear for23 quid beats the dealers £50 quote let's hope they fit when they turn up !!

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Yep ordered a set of vm844 as recommended by Dave above can't go wrong for £17

Me too, they arrived today. Not the best packaging but they seem fine inside the box. Will get them fitted later in the week, my right-hand wiper keeps 'missing' a patch so it'll be nice to have new ones on there.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Me too, they arrived today. Not the best packaging but they seem fine inside the box. Will get them fitted later in the week, my right-hand wiper keeps 'missing' a patch so it'll be nice to have new ones on there.

What was wrong with the packaging? I see they are listed as OE in the title so I'm guessing no manufacturers box?

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
What was wrong with the packaging? I see they are listed as OE in the title so I'm guessing no manufacturers box?

The product box was wrapped in some plastic plastic for shipping but the box itself (which was branded and sealed) was quite flimsy so there's the potential for a bit of damage. Mine seem fine though.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.