Rattle in panoramic sun roof

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Anyone suffering from this? I am.....not awful but quite annoying.

Presume this would be a warranty matter?

Cheers
Brett

Ken H

Dec 20, 2015
Cork , Ireland

Cheers
Brett
A year of ownership down and it was only last week when I taking the kids to school I heard a rattle. Only today I turned the radio off to see if this rattle still existed? Yes it's still there. Couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was coming from but opened the sunroof and rattle was gone. It doesn't bother me too much but as soon as weather improves I'll be checking it out. I presume this would come under warranty but I'd prefer to check it out myself rather than give to dealers.

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
I have also had this issue in the past. Try rubbing some Autoglym Vinyl and rubber care around the seals. That seemed to work for me and lasts ages before needing to do it again. Think it's where the seals dry out and rub against the glass.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I have also had this issue in the past. Try rubbing some Autoglym Vinyl and rubber care around the seals. That seemed to work for me and lasts ages before needing to do it again. Think it's where the seals dry out and rub against the glass.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I will try that.

Dkelly4

Jul 19, 2020

Cheers
Brett
not a warranty matter.. I should know! Just had my car serviced yesterday. 1st service as only 1yr old. my car has a rattling pano roof. The dealer told me to lube it. Nice if they did that as its so new still, and I did tell them it was happening when I bought it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members